UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.19) 9:heart: T:diamond: 7:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG calls $0.12

TURN ($0.43) 9:heart: T:diamond: 7:spade: 7:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.32, UTG raises to $0.64, Hero calls $0.32

RIVER ($1.71) 9:heart: T:diamond: 7:spade: 7:club: 7:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.40, UTG folds

Hero wins $1.60

I did put a big write up here of thought processes etc, but it got overlooked so I'll just do the standard.

Villain 61/18 - 72 hands - Definite fish

B/C on the turn?

River bet to strong? Bet smaller/shove to act weak?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Not sure what you meant with the "overlooked" thing, it doesn't change anything for me no matter how much you write up. Most likely it wasn't intentional on any judge's part, so just feel free to write anything you like about the hands you post.
      It is quite busy these days, sometimes we only have time for one more hand and we pick a short/easy one, but everything gets done eventually.

I'll usually bet/call the turn as well, tho frankly I'll sometimes just value-shove it in and expect villain to be playing "two pairs, TT and 77 whatever kicker" awfully.

On the river I wouldn't change much, I doubt he's ever folding a boat in that spot, certainly not 9x and I assume he'd have bet quads/JJ+ on his own more often than not, so either he has diddly squat and we need to make a ridiculously small bet, or we take the chance he's not going to fold a boat and go for maximum value against those, which I think is the right thing to do unless you're positive he would have shoved a lot of boats on his own.

Hope it helps.