AK Preflop - Coach Article/Video

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Folks,

I am struggling to find the right decisions with AK facing 3B, 4B or shove.
      Well obviously against Villain with VP:60, PR:25 I can easily understand that I shouldn' think too much about 4B and shove/calling shove.
      Despite Hands posted in the evaluation forum I still find it difficult and feel like facing KK+ in these situations.

Where I am struggling is versus a tight, very tight or nit players.

I wanted to ask the moderators if a coach could make a video or write an article with these situations in practice.

The way I see it would be holding AK in different positions against different players also in different positions, with possibly someone else acting before and so on.
      A little bit like the "Crushing NL50 Part 6 and 7" videos with theory and Practice parts.

In each case Villains range would vary (because Villain is different or because Villain is at a different positions). The coach would explain Villains range, our equity, fold equity and so on...
      The example could also be adapted to different limits if we should play differently whether we are playing on NL2 or NL200.

I am sure I am not the only that would benefit a lot from such an article/video and would really appreciate if one of the moderators could give me his views on this.

Thanks,
      Max
  • 3 replies