This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hello all

• TrevAI
      TrevAI
      Bronze
      I am new to poker played a few times get bad beat a lot enjoy sit and gos and bigger tournaments but luck is not my best element. I wondered if any of you guys had advice on how toget over tilt?

Trev
  • 1 reply
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Hey TrevAI,

welcome to PokerStrategy.com - We are happy to have you on our site! You should forget thinking about luck - in the long run, it depends on whether you make the mathematically right decision or not. So always think in long term results - it helps you to get over a bad beat, because if you played the hand right, you know that you will profit from that action in the future.

For example even if you have 90% equity, in 1 out of ten times you will lose - have this in your mind, and you will keep your cool when you lose preflo all-in AA against a guy who tinkers himself a straight with 26o :s_ugly:

And always keep on studying:

Articles
      Videos
      Coachings
      Handevaluations

If you want to get better at poker, I can especially recommend the handevaluation-boards - they are a great and efficient way to improve your poker-skill while learning proactive!

Hope to see your hands there :)

Cheers,
      Timo