[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ oop

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      I'm a little concerned about I played this hand.. waiting for feedback :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $7.84
      MP3:
      $24.34
      CO:
      $25.67
      BU:
      $12.31
      SB (Hero):
      $9.61
      BB:
      $10.71

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.55, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($1.3) 7, 7, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.10, Hero raises to $3.00, MP3 calls $1.90.

Turn: ($7.3) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.04, MP3 calls $6.04.

River: ($19.38) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.38.
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Preflop OOP with QQ you should 3bet.

As played there is not much you can do. This is why OOP sucks. You have to show your hand strength early and play with little information.

Though likely, I don't think villain had AA/KK that often here (should go AI on a draw heavy board but passive players may not).

If he had TT or JJ then awesome! You win and you know how exploitable villain is.

If he had 99 (which is very likely given the way this hand had played out) then it's your fault not to 3bet him preflop.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

We have no idea abut villains betting/raising/playing tendencies, because 5.5x even with one limper looks biggish. But nevertheless I would 3bet it pre against usual unknown player, because you have solid hand, you want to get value out of it and you are not going to play it for set value only.

Without 3betting I would play about the same. He may have TT/JJ/FD/SD/9x, but again I assume he is bad enough to have them and he is able to play them in this way.
      If he is just too nitty, too passive or you have any doubt you may just call the flop, see the turn action and decide what line to take. I gives him free card and he may improve his A/K/FD. You can't fold it against plain cbet, but to make raising profitable you have to be sure he's able to call with some marginal holdings.

Good luck!