Its not about good calls, its about good folds.

• Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey every1. So my english isnt perfect, but its ok i hope:)

I was a few months away from poker, but now im back.
      Was hard time to me.
      But so, about some weeks ago i had 600eur.
      No job, no income, no place to live- what to do?
      I was rented a room (Spain/Costa del Sol), buying one 22inc monitor, one frend give me laptop (tnx) and buy also one good chair :D .

Months ago i was playing NL50+

Now i had few hundred to bankroll also and started grinding in NL5.
      I stick 50bi bankroll rule, because :
      1) I play much better
      2) I cant risk to much, because i earn now a really little and i need to pay rent + buy some food

Start was pretty bad, but i knew that i have skill, i just need to adapt that i play only for 5$ per hand:D and hardest thing first that i dont have fold equity, lost some money, win it back, then again lost and so on it was in beginning.
      In beginning it was pretty hard, because i have style 23/17 and deffo its not for NL5, but after 5k hands i adapt and made a lot of money (ok not money, blinds:D ), pwned everyone, i think i can win there in long run 20bb/100 with 23/17 style, extremly easy level if you know what you are doing, they pay off everything + against tight opponents you have huge fold eq (multitablers)

So then NL10, again, my style is not for this limit also, especially for FR (i go to 6max in NL25), first 10k hands big ups and downs and then i adapt how to crush this limit, next 10k hands 37bb/100hands, of course its upswing also and i dont expect that it will be allways so, i hope in general i can make 10bb-15bb/100. No i have little dow again, but nothing really big.
      But yeah i think i crush these 2 limit (NL5 and NL10) really hard, no big sample, but its pretty easy and obv how different opponents play.

So here im now.

Why i made this blog after all?

1) To improve my game, i have huge leaks for sure, because when i have downswing, i think then it would be ok to be BE, but i lose A LOT in these time. There must be huge leaks. So i wanna improve my game a lot. I post here hands to discuss, i hope all NL10 players join with me and help me out (i stay in this limit some time, because i need to buy new computer, laptop isnt mine, and pay rent and so on, and its not easy to live with this money what is possible to do in NL10).

2) To help everyone else who need some advice different situations. I dont think that im master, but i know something for sure. I really like hand discussions and different options how to play hand, it helps to improve game a lot.

3) I wanna record how i made NL5-NL1k per one year :D I will kick TLN ass (on the way for that i kick TT ass also in NL200-NL400:D )

Its gonna be hard time, i know how sick can be variance, i really know.

Some rules what i have here.
      I dont post any graphs where is some loseing session at the end, because i trudly belive: "You get what you think", so if i post bad graph i think whatta bad session and i get another bad session thanks for that :D .
      I really belive the power of mind.
      So i wanna stay positive.

Ok its all?
      Yeah, i play about 12h in day. 6+1 tabels in tile mode.
      2h in day i learn/analyze. Pretty sick, but i need to pay rent and i dont want to go up without 50bi.

Ok next post some strategy stuff.
      GL all and i hope you like this blog.

BTW. TheLastNail and TwiceT are my example how to live and play.
      They are extremly different but both are really nice person.
      Thank you guys, Without your help, I do not play at the moment, and had some dayjob or do some criminal :) So world is better place thanks for poker:D
  • 247 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      haha wow that is some sick volume/time to put in... I really hope you can pull it off, and that It won't tare you apart completely.

Will be interesting to follow. Just keep it up and keep us updated!
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      hahah yeah, finally u are blogging :f_cool:

hf crushing nl10 sir :f_grin:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Sick volume there man :D I'm also playing NL10 at the moment so feel free to PM me if you want to discuss anything :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      14 hours... that means you have 10 hours left for sleeping, showering, eating and life? Nice life :f_frown: .
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      14 hours... that means you have 10 hours left for sleeping, showering, eating and life? Nice life :f_frown: .

Yeah man... whatta life.
      BUT i cant understand why people take it this way "Nice life :f_frown: "
      But if someone practice 12-1h per day to be best of some sport, or someone open new business and work extremly hard, then they take it this way "Nice life :f_love: , you fill your dreams".

Its no different to open your business.
      You need to work hard, then you realise that you need to work harder and then, you realise that you need to work more harder.
      A lot of (most???) high stake grinders have to really really hard work.
      I take it this way. I had previous 2 successful company, and i started these just same way, working 12h+ per day. Success will follow. Next year you think, whatta nice life ;) No hard feelings, just, to bee good/best at something, you need work extremly hard.

Sick volume there man I'm also playing NL10 at the moment so feel free to PM me if you want to discuss anything smile

Ty

hahah yeah, finally u are blogging fish cool hf crushing nl10 sir fish grin

When we to remach @ NLH and PLO HU 4rollz man?
      Yeah first it wasnt fun, but now i enjoy it a lot :)
      I dont remember last time results, but it wasnt 4:0 to you, so i have some change.

haha wow that is some sick volume/time to put in... I really hope you can pull it off, and that It won't tare you apart completely. Will be interesting to follow. Just keep it up and keep us updated!

Ty!

Some strategy post follow!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Good luck then, just make sure you don't break though... For me it's better to be social (as in, even if you work 12 hours a day, you work with your colleagues, if you are a sportsman, you are with your coach, etc.), going out and relaying etc. also improves my poker game... Too much of something is never good ;) . But if you can keep playing your A-game for 12 hours a day, that's very good for you.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Yeah so, some strategy stuff also.
      How i play?
      I play 6 tables in lcd screen and 1tabel with lobby in laptop screen.
      1 table in laptop screen always waiting for blinds, if its better than some in lcd, then i change, if its not, i wait to blind and close it and take another.
      I have marked i think all ready 70-80% regs (i dont multitable, so i have time to mark EVERY single player who i see). I mark regs or decent player (style 16/13-25/15) to red because im not intrested to play against them very much, weak players i mark to blue, and fishes (35+vpip) to green (because green means GOOOOOOOOO for it:D ).
      So because i have 2 screens i have lobby allways open and i see it, i click time to time over tables and if i see green color then i open it and look where is free seat, if green is on my right and he have decent stack then i go for it.
      Its easy to see that in lobby first, you dont need to open table when you see that most of players are red and who arent have 30bb stack, so i dont open that. I think its very important to have on your right fish.
      Yeah im FR bumhunt :D :D :D :D But i dont feel bad for that, because i can play against regs on same table where is fish, its more fun and you can use pretty extreme lines, all regs in NL10 are not really good, most of them play st8 fwrd play, so its fun to confuse they with donkbets, missed cbet-raise, you can wider your utg range A LOT (fish is allways on your right, so if you are utg then he is blind), regs give you credit (utg = strong range) and yu can play with fish HU :)

If fish leaves, or stack is under 50bb or someone (I:D ) get all his money, i wait for blinds i leave the table. Because i play 6table its easy.

Okay i learn how to post here some hands and i will post some intresting hands with i had some problems.

Everyone is feel to write some good poker strategy blogs what to follow.
      Especially where is a lot of hand discusses.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Good luck then, just make sure you don't break though... For me it's better to be social (as in, even if you work 12 hours a day, you work with your colleagues, if you are a sportsman, you are with your coach, etc.), going out and relaying etc. also improves my poker game... Too much of something is never good ;) . But if you can keep playing your A-game for 12 hours a day, that's very good for you.
      Yeah thanks man, i know what you trying to say me ;)
      Its all because my previous life, what was pretty criminal and so on.
      Im different person now little bit, but one is same, i like to do crazy stuff.
      But thanks for that im different person, i have different life also, so i left everything what i had and i came to Spain. So i dont have social life now at all, some friends only and i need to work up again.
      But in my "previous" life i had a crazy social life(money, partyies, cars and so on, but it all was criminal, im not happy for that, but im happy that i can say that its over and im better person now), so its ok to have 1-2year rest of it, i dont sigh it, but thanks for worry :D

Edit: i need to play 12h per day (ok not all day, some day i play "only" 10h, but i need it to pay rent and collect BR. So i need to do it ;)
      Yeah it would be easyer if i can play my A game in 18tabels, it means 4h per day same volume what is normal, but i cant play more than 8 tables, 6 is best for me, then i can think about all decision and make right move. I dont want to be robot, i wanna enjoy my "job".
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Ok.
      Some hands:

1. My absolute favorite.

So what we know.
      BB is big 53/10 fish and if you check one street then you can be sure that you get 2 streets value for him (pot size) and if you bet then he usually fold to cbet.
      So 79s is perfect hand for it i belive. Why? 79s hits st8 and fluses, but usually if we hit, then we hit draw.
      I was thinking:
      Im UTG with 79s, so table is full of regs (most of multitabling) + 2 fishes, one is sitting out and one is BB. If i raise that hand here, reg give me respect that i have big hand usually so they dont feel free to raise me and i can play postflop pretty well if comes big flop, and i hit low flops. Its good, usually they fold, because they give me credit. Fish play pretty any2, so i have good changes to play against huge fish (who i have very good reads) HU. If i dont hit draw then i do cbet and he usuall fold, if i hit hand or draw, then i check and i get free card (to draw) and i get 2 streets value (pot size), sounds great plan for me.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $11.99
      MP1:
      $9.57
      MP2:
      $14.31
      MP3:
      $7.63
      CO:
      $12.75
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $10.22
      BB:
      $7.74

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 7, 9.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40, 6 folds, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

But that plan wasnt work, because reg call me (18/10 1300hands, fold to cbet 54%)

Flop: ($0.95) T, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP1 calls $0.80.

WOW we hit, so lets take some value. What he call? fold to cbet is 54%, i have pretty crazy image in table, so he call any decent value hand + any draw i think. 3bet is 2.9%, sample isnt big, so we cant really look this by position, but i think he would raise AA/KK here preflop deffo, and maybe QQ even. Because im utg i think he dont raise JJ.
      So he calling range here in flop is:
      66/77/88/99/TT/JJ, maybe some T9s/89s hand as well, but im not sure, so lets take only T9s and use pokerstove, against thes range: 80/20 we are ahead. great!!! Im not sure about 66/88/TT calling here (usually NL10 regs raise with sets every flop,even K72r, but ok sometime they to some tricy play also, maybe he is good enought to but me in big pairs and he know that i dont have much outs and i may fold to raise).

Turn: ($2.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP1 calls $1.50.

wohoooooo, not the best card here. But against his range we are still ahead 63/37. We deffo dont want to check here, even this card isnt best, because if we check - we must call and then we are in extremly bad situation in river, we dont know what to do, we are sure that we see one bet more, so i think betting here is must be, if get raised, fold, but i think he dont raise here nothing. Draw i dont see point that he raise and fullhouse also, he have position and he want hold our bluffs/draws/overpairs in. So he call and it is good play from him. And of course we have Open Ended Straight Flush draw also:D Nutzzzz againt fh, we have 2 outs = 4% yeah go for it :f_cool:

River: ($5.55) 8 (2 players)

[B]BOOOOOOOM SHAKALAKAAAAAAAA, ok we dont beat anything here anymore. i dont know why i dont see results, maybe because my move here was burning money and hand converter even know that it was bad move, i was betting a very little, but yeah, lets look firs range what we give our villain, he deffo have pair in his hand, so now he deffo have fullhouse, he dont fold anything, he call or raise, so its easy check-fold. he raised me up to all in and i folded.[/b]

Final Pot: $5.55.

I was discussing little bit this hand with TLN and he give me one good idea how to play next time hand like this:
      I should check-raise flop.
      First if i read this, i was like wtf, later i was thinking about it and i really like it. Why?

Villain hand range is: 22-JJ, AK/AQ/AJ/QK/ pretty much. some suited connectors also.

So if i cbet, he fold 22-55 deffo. AK/AQ/AJ/QKs also, he will call/raise hand range what we know allready: 66/77/88/99/TT/JJ and some suited connenctors what have gutshot r smht.
      But if we check??? What he think that we have??? AK/AQ, we dont want to cbet, because he hit a lot of his range and dont fold and we are OOP, so we give up??? He may think this, and even if he dont think at all, they allways bet here, usually they dont think and just bet, because they try do be durr.
      So we get extra value from 22-55, and big aces+ + some random cards (QKs maybe and so on), i think he bet here pretty much allways. So now we raise, and we get it in with a lot of cards, because they are confused and dont know what to do, deffo we get in: 66/88/TT and i think also JJ, Maybe some 77/99 (but these hands are same possible like sets, because one of 7 and 9 is in my hands, so same time as he have here set, he have here gutshot with pocet pair, and we think we can get only flop cbet with this hands (77/99) generally, so let he bet himself. If now we raise he would fold hands what maybe call 2 barrel (exacly 77/99 for example), but he bet in flop also with air, so its same in long run, but most important, that we get money in faster with our made hand what is deffo best in flop.

Oh sorry guys, its hard to explain what i mean, because my english isnt best and i dont know so many words.

But yeah, what you think about that hand?
      I hope that my text wasnt to big and boring :)
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Ok its done for today, first day when i dont play at least 10h.
      6h doday, running really bad, 2fishes hits against me 4deepstack (~200bb each time), overall -3.5bi, i feel tha i dont make anymore good game, so i must quit, usually when i lose i play still good game and dont quit, becaue i can understand about variance.

Tomorrow some hands...

GN.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      So today first session over, was pretty boring, no action at all, won some stacks.
      1 hand what i would like to discuss little bit.

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.45
      BB:
      $18.41
      MP3:
      $9.29
      CO:
      $4.13
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 2, J, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.50. Hero??????????????

Final Pot: $2.65.

So what here should do here now?
      BB is solid reg.
      QQ/KK deffo pre raise. So he dont have QQ/KK here.
      Yes one option may be check back flop because its not drawy at all, he dont hit much and fold most of his holdings, so he bet turn and there we start to build pot? But ok, i cbet and he raised, what now.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $21.18
      SB:
      $22.76
      BB:
      $27.41
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $24.98
      MP3:
      $19.53
      CO:
      $25.67

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.30, SB folds, BB calls $1.20, MP3 calls $0.90.

Flop: ($3.95) J, 4, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.95, BB calls $3.95, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($11.85) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $15.93(All-In), BB calls $15.93.

River: ($43.71) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $43.71.
      Results follow:

BB shows three of a kind, tens(T T).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

BB wins with three of a kind, tens(T T).

I like it :f_cool:
      2outer is allways cool even if i lose :s_cool:

8h doday and goming more....
      Feeling good, playing extremly good
      Good folds, good calls, fishes suck out little bit, but its ok, i will take it back in future :) yeah ship it :)
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      nice blog sir, its good to see someone with grind on da mind!

i will say one thing tho, i don't like your blog title. i think it should be about good calls and good folds - they're both profitable :)
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      nice blog sir, its good to see someone with grind on da mind!

i will say one thing tho, i don't like your blog title. i think it should be about good calls and good folds - they're both profitable :)
      Yeah of course you have right, but lets be people call WAY toooooo much yeah??? So i think the biggest problem is still folds, calls dont are so big problems, because we to it naturally toooo much (we wanna see what he have:D etc.)

But yeah ty, of course good calls are also extremly important.
      So today first session over, little break and goooooooo.

Today i test some new lines and try to mindfuck regulars as much as possible again :D Im sure that some regulars are noted me as big fish :D they have seen me go AI with AJo deepstack and so on:D (yeah i have resason for that kind of moves, but htey dont know, ex. that AJo, one reg was 3betting me a LOT and i didnt have card to 5bet so far, and then i got AJo, it was deffo ok (but i would like mor like A3s, but ok, and he 3bets me again big, and 2 fishes coldcalls him (they both was 50+vpip and calls all kind of shit, nomatter how big preflop ris was, so for sure i push there and if i see even KK, im not in very bad situation, because of lot of dead money in pot, only against AA im in bad situation, but yeah, macimum what i see is 88 in fish:D , but fuck, this time that agressive 3bettor (3bet about 8%) had AA, so i was fckd :D , but yeah +ev for my image).

Nice weather here anyway, sunny.
      I made today my cashout rules also, i wanna cash out as less as possible, so i only cash out every week rakeback what i get, its not much but exacly what i need.

GL every1
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Okay... so i havent look my cashier and hem graphs 2 days and today i noticed that wtf, im 100$ down by 2 days, its impossible.. yeah i have run bad, but not so bad, i opened my hem, yah its right, i added ev line... ok no i get it

So yeah.... have no idea what to do. I play well, they suck out + i have get so much set over set and shit like this. My hitting set % last 10k hands is 6% should get 1 AA over every 220 hands, its over 450hands. so running really shit. Sample isnt big, i know, it ok for me, i still play good and beat ppl, but running so shit, that i may need to move down soon (now its ok, i had huge upswing(not uver ev, even that was under ev:D ) and my br is ok - 500$ and i resive i think about 100$ rb at least, but i need cashout for living about 200-300$, then i need move down for sure if i keep running like this)

:) overall im not tilt and so on, its just one long run and i need to figure out how i can make more money and improve my nosd game because if i keep running like this i cant go to showdown:D

Have Fun All :s_cool:
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Not ending.....
      I got 3x AA now at least.. but its not help if they call my 3bet with crap and hit low board.... all 3times cracked my AA full stack... in flop.. nice

edit: of course KK meets AA :)
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      dont post "KK meets AA". absolutely waste of time to post that + negative energy + negative everything.

dont whine around like a pussy, play like a pro instead. :f_cool:

play focused and improve day by day. $$$ will come longterm.

but way more important! MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep me updated when to book the tickets sir!!!!!!!

• Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TwiceT
      dont post "KK meets AA". absolutely waste of time to post that + negative energy + negative everything.

dont whine around like a pussy, play like a pro instead. :f_cool:

play focused and improve day by day. $$$ will come longterm.

but way more important! MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep me updated when to book the tickets sir!!!!!!!

hey cmon i havent post any AA meets KK, just that AA vs TT was funni 2outer, little bit fun. Another AA vs xx hand is for reason, i wanna know what to do there, dont be so mad pro, its sunny :)
      And stfu mor important, most important now is to earn some money, miamy nd biiiitcheeeeees will come longterm :f_cool:

Yeah cool vid, tnx.
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by Adapter1337
      edit: of course KK meets AA :)

u did :f_p:

miami baby!!!!!!!!!!! im in! tell me when to book tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!