What Do You Guys Suggest I Play?

• THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      So little background on me. I got my $50 through pokerstrategy last year and leaned how to play SSS and was having pretty good success with it. I managed to go from $50 to around $300 in around a month playing 16 tables at once and grinding basic SSS on Full Tilt on .10/.25 blinds.

Then one day out of no where (I guess it was from hearing all about how durrr and other were playing heads up and winning millions) I thought I would try heads up. So I looked for some low level heads up tables and there werent any. So I said f it and played NL200 and sat down with $50 not knowing how to play heads up at all (yeah not the smartest move I know). And long story short I ended the night with $20 in my BR. So after that I just said f it and spent the $20 the next day on a tournament because I didnt feel like re-grinding it.

So here I am now a year later regretting my decision to play heads up and wondering where I might be now if I had kept going with proper BRM and SSS. So now im going to invest a lot of time and try to get back into poker with a much more disciplined mindset knowing how fast a BR can dissapear. So now im just playing freerolls and trying to rebuild my BR. Came 9th 2 days ago out of 7500 and won $4.50 and lost it (I have 0 patience for 1 cent 2 cent blinds). But nw I realize if I want to rebuild my BR without depositing I need to get the patience fast. But anyways wow kinda got off topic there lol.... So now with Full Tilt not allowing SSS what do you guys suggest that I play? BSS or SnG's?

**TLDR**

From a former SSS player what do you suggest I play BSS or SnG's? Or something else?
  • 10 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      If you like the idea of Heads-up play, then why not play HU SnG's? Those start at $1 BI's.
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      If you like the idea of Heads-up play, then why not play HU SnG's? Those start at $1 BI's.
      Yeah I know I should have done that before when I was testing it out. But i'm not really intersted in HU anymore. Thanks for the suggestion though :)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      You can play SSS at the Pokerstars shallow tables.
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      You can play SSS at the Pokerstars shallow tables.
      FTP has shallow tables but I dunno I think a lot of the players on those tables will have pretty tight ranges as well. I probably could play SSS at Full Tilt and still be slightly positive and have rakeback. But I like to play a lot of tables at once for SSS and there arent that many shallow tables.

And stars doesn't have rakeback :f_mad:
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I have a similar story. I managed a BR of $750+ using SSS. I got bored of it and found I was only break even at NL100. I went busto playing NL200 BSS. Opened 4 tables tables thinking what are the chances I'll bust out all 4!

I started over playing a few free rolls each day. After a couple cashes I started playing the daily 10c rebuy and cashed a couple times. Then I discovered the FTP sattys to the daily dollar. These were uber soft and payed out T$. I played $1+ .20 turbo SNG with the T$ to build a bankroll of almost $100. I took a shot at BSS and busted again.

Now that they've done away with T$ it has been very difficult. I started with the sattys again played the daily dollar until I had about $9. Then I played the shallow tables for a bit and was successful. Then I tried Rush poker and went on a heater that had me finish with $400+. I'm down to $300 now but Rush can be a quick way back. FT gave me a $100 bonus and a Rush week bonus. They were easy and fast to clear playing 4 t-6 tables of Rush.

Good Luck and welcome back.
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyquest
      I have a similar story. I managed a BR of $750+ using SSS. I got bored of it and found I was only break even at NL100. I went busto playing NL200 BSS. Opened 4 tables tables thinking what are the chances I'll bust out all 4!

I started over playing a few free rolls each day. After a couple cashes I started playing the daily 10c rebuy and cashed a couple times. Then I discovered the FTP sattys to the daily dollar. These were uber soft and payed out T$. I played $1+ .20 turbo SNG with the T$ to build a bankroll of almost $100. I took a shot at BSS and busted again.

Now that they've done away with T$ it has been very difficult. I started with the sattys again played the daily dollar until I had about $9. Then I played the shallow tables for a bit and was successful. Then I tried Rush poker and went on a heater that had me finish with $400+. I'm down to $300 now but Rush can be a quick way back. FT gave me a $100 bonus and a Rush week bonus. They were easy and fast to clear playing 4 t-6 tables of Rush.

Good Luck and welcome back.
      Hey man I remember you from when I used to play :) ... We we're both gold and giving eachother tips haha. I guess we should have given more tips on BRM :D . Thanks im out of everything right now, money, FTP's everything lol. Trying to get some in the Canada freeroll right now, there extremely soft but its still hard making your way though the field of donks.

Thanks and GL to you too, glad to see you were able to work it out. Ill give rush a try when I get enough money.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I would play a traditional SS strategy on the shallow tables while you grinding up your roll. (Meaning you don't steal the money from the table when you double up you just adjust your ranges based on the effective stacks behind.)

You will find this very very easy to do and then you can make the transition to BSS.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Yes, what Tokyoaces said is what I was trying to do while playing the shallow tables. It was very good for my confidence and helped make the transition to BSS easier. Of course you'll need a bankroll of some kind to start with. I cashed once in the Canada freeroll but found it to be a total crapshoot. I was ashamed of how idiotic these tables of Canadians were. Don't forget about the Poker Strategy free roll on Sunday, I think there's 5k being given out. There's many freerolls daily so hopefully you'll start cashing soon. Try to be more patient this time around and follow proper BRM as soon as you can.

Good luck
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      If you read the start of my blog it's about rebuilding a BR from scratch, although I withdrew my original bankroll rather than losing it.

It was sooooo painful though so I just deposited and got a big fat FDB on william hill. It was definitely worth it.

My very first bankroll went the same way as yours but I got a mate to ship me $10 on FT so that I could get a $50 bonus from getting 1 FTP per day, then I gave him 25 bucks. you could get a friend to do you a deal like that if your not in a position to deposit. (don't ask on here though its not allowed)

And the shallow tables on FT are very soft at the micros at least
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      And the shallow tables on FT are very soft at the micros at least
      Shallow 100nl is pretty soft too, but you have to table select. Usually only one or two tables are worth playing.