[NL2-NL10] A7s

• YUKNOW
      He was playing loose and I thought he could easily be stealing so I 3bet him. The rest is...

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 7:heart:
      BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.95, BU calls $0.65.

Flop: ($1.95) J:heart: , 7:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.95, BU raises to $1.90, Hero calls $0.95.

Turn: ($5.75) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($5.75) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.30, Hero raises to $7.15, BU raises to $7.30 (All-In), Hero calls $0.15.

Final Pot: $20.35
  • 7 replies
    • Shinersen
      His stats are not very loose, even his open raise late position 32 is not very high. You can 3bet isolate with A7s but not OOP. IP is fine
      Anyway when he calls your 3bet hes got pairs, some broadways.
      On the flop you have Pairs + nutflush draw. I would bet bigger/shove to any raise because your hand is strong enough against his range.
      On the turn checking the nuts is nonsense because he can have a set, FD, or even JQ and you need to extract value from his hand. He already told you that he`s got something hand by minraising on the flop.
      On the river i would just call his bet because there is no other weak hand that can call your raise. 2.3$ in 5.75$ pot looks to me like a value bet (strong hand asking you to call)
      As you can see from W$SD/WTS (80/21) means that when he`s on showdown(21%) he wins 80% times ( he s going to showdown with good hands
    • YUKNOW
      Well, not VERY loose, but still loose, loose enough to raise like 30% from BU...

Yah, you're right. It all went wrong from my small bet on the flop, when I bet/called so small. Cause that made me take a weak line, convince him to call a big bet on the river, or maybe to value bet and call a small raise. I hated to see the queens pair :/ I wonder if he would have folded if I had bet the turn, after my small flop bet, that does scream "this fish has a flush". I probably should have bet small on the turn, after betting small on the flop, it kinda serves both purposes - getting some more value, and not telling him 99% I've made the flush...

So many better ways to play it, I chose the worst lol. Yah..big bets on the flop and turn, that's the way to play it...call a shove. Hope I remember that next time :f_biggrin:
    • justkyle88
      Stealing here is fine.

Bet more flop, something like.... $1.25ish
      bet turn also, checking turn will be very hard to get out stack in on the river.
      Your line doesnt look like a FD so villian can go broke with Top Pairs and AQ and sets. Even worse flushes like K :heart: J :heart:
    • yeahyoung0312
      I agree with Justkyle88. Ch/Push river here is fine. Bet turn > ch turn.
    • Mstlc
      3betting pre-flop is fine unless this player cannot fold to 3bets at all.

On the flop bet more... 1/2 pot is just way to low. At least make it $1.25-1.30 here and 3bet jam against his min-raise really. You've got the nuts Flush Draw + a pair... you're ahead against kings & queens + he min-raised your weak c-bet... he can have complete air here to and we don't really have a strong made hand so we don't mind getting it in and just picking up the dead money in there.
      If we had position in the hand bet/call flop would be fine cause we can control the action on later streets. But here, being oop and all, it's gonna be very hard to get our stack to the middle given that we do hit.

Whatever you do don't bet/call the flop and then donkbet the turn cause if you do, you're repping just 1 thing and that's exactly what you're holding, a flush.

And seriously... check/jam the river... why do you leave him with $0.15 behind. You're missing value but doing this + if you think you get more calls because it still gives people a raise button... think again. This looks even stronger then check/shoving.
    • mariaprodanova
      probably a misclick...but yeah, I think you got the point, pretty much everyone says the same thing :)
    • MaestroOfZerg

Given villain's stats I actually don't mind your smallish flop c-bet in that blind steal situation. He looks aggressive enough that a small c-bet will induce bluff-raises / floats sometimes on such a dry board, against which you can jam / 2nd barrel and pick up quite a bit of dead money that wouldn't have been created if you had bombed the flop most likely. If you believe he's just as likely to mess with you when you bet big, then go ahead and do that to pick up even more dead money.

The drawback is usually that you'll get less value out of pocket pairs calling flop / folding turn, so depending on how you weight villain's range for calling the flop between pocket pairs and everything else and what you think of his ability to spazz / get creative, you might want to focus on getting value from those instead by indeed betting bigger, so that they call a bigger bet on the flop before folding on the turn.

As played just jam over on the flop and I'd check/shove the turn as well.

As played on the river hard to say. He'll rarely go ahead and try to bluff at it again after passing up that opportunity of a pretty ugly turn card. At the same time it's pretty hard to find hands that might call a valuebet but won't try and valuebet themselves, maybe slowplayed KK/AA without a heart that got spooked by the turn. Even those he might think you have Jx and bet on his own tho. So check/raising is likely the best option assuming he can bet/calloff random runner runner trips some slowplayed turned flushes, tho you'll run into a boat sometimes too.

Hope it helps.