This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Tt $10Nl Bss

• Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      UTG+3: $10
      MP+2: $9.77 (Tight player)
      Hero: $11.65

Preflop: Hero is in SB with T T (9 players)
      UTG+2 folds, UTG+3 calls $0.10, MP+1 folds, MP+2 raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds, UTG+3 calls $0.50

Flop ($1.60): 6 T 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+3 checks, MP+2 bets $1.60, Hero raises to $4.40, UTG+3 folds, MP+2 calls $4.40

Turn ($10.40): A (2 players)
      Hero bets 6.75 (all-in), MP+2 calls $4.87 (all-in)

I just wonder if check/raise wasn`t too risky on flush-draw board. What do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      I think its ok to check/raise here. note that there are only 2 other players still in the hand. UTG+3 probably has a low pp, but MP+2 might have 2 high cards. wouldn't be to afraid, since they might not even be suited, and if they are suited, its only 1/4 that its spades, and even less than 1/4 that he hits his out on the turn. I think slow playing shows the most profit in the long run.

though I dont get this order.. first its: Hero, UTG+3, MP+2, then its: Hero, MP+2, UTG+3. how is this possible?
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      though I dont get this order.. first its: Hero, UTG+3, MP+2, then its: Hero, MP+2, UTG+3. how is this possible?
      My mistake. I convert hands myself, because I`m not playing on Party and can`t use Texas Grabem. I`m correcting it right now.
    • Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      ok, now things change a bit. UTG+3 is probably playing a low to medium pocket pair. and MP+2 a high pair, or maybe AK/AQ.

lets see what hands would bet at us, and what hands will not.
      I think the player in middle position will bet if he hits trips which is not very likely. if MP+2 had a high pair, he now probably has an over-pair, and will certainly bet at us, he might bet if he has 2 over-cards, but if he has two spades, he will most likely check after you, and UTG+3. I'd check/raise, and hope MP+2 wasnt playing AsKs/AsQs
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Eclipt!

I would bet here because if MP2 has a higher pair he will raise to protect his hand against flushdraws. And that is exactly what you want to achieve: build a pot as early as possible. If he only has overcards and you just check in order to check/raise he will most likely check behind to see a freecard against two opponents.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81