[NL2-NL10] Tt $10Nl Bss

• Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      UTG+3: $10
      MP+2: $9.77 (Tight player)
      Hero: $11.65

Preflop: Hero is in SB with T T (9 players)
      UTG+2 folds, UTG+3 calls $0.10, MP+1 folds, MP+2 raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds, UTG+3 calls $0.50

Flop ($1.60): 6 T 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+3 checks, MP+2 bets $1.60, Hero raises to $4.40, UTG+3 folds, MP+2 calls $4.40

Turn ($10.40): A (2 players)
      Hero bets 6.75 (all-in), MP+2 calls $4.87 (all-in)

I just wonder if check/raise wasn`t too risky on flush-draw board. What do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      I think its ok to check/raise here. note that there are only 2 other players still in the hand. UTG+3 probably has a low pp, but MP+2 might have 2 high cards. wouldn't be to afraid, since they might not even be suited, and if they are suited, its only 1/4 that its spades, and even less than 1/4 that he hits his out on the turn. I think slow playing shows the most profit in the long run.

though I dont get this order.. first its: Hero, UTG+3, MP+2, then its: Hero, MP+2, UTG+3. how is this possible?
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      though I dont get this order.. first its: Hero, UTG+3, MP+2, then its: Hero, MP+2, UTG+3. how is this possible?
      My mistake. I convert hands myself, because I`m not playing on Party and can`t use Texas Grabem. I`m correcting it right now.
    • Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      ok, now things change a bit. UTG+3 is probably playing a low to medium pocket pair. and MP+2 a high pair, or maybe AK/AQ.

lets see what hands would bet at us, and what hands will not.
      I think the player in middle position will bet if he hits trips which is not very likely. if MP+2 had a high pair, he now probably has an over-pair, and will certainly bet at us, he might bet if he has 2 over-cards, but if he has two spades, he will most likely check after you, and UTG+3. I'd check/raise, and hope MP+2 wasnt playing AsKs/AsQs
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Eclipt!

I would bet here because if MP2 has a higher pair he will raise to protect his hand against flushdraws. And that is exactly what you want to achieve: build a pot as early as possible. If he only has overcards and you just check in order to check/raise he will most likely check behind to see a freecard against two opponents.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81