This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Tournament - Broke by blinds

• Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      Hello..

Yesterday i played my first freeroll tournament...10/20 (increasing every 8m, ante on lvl 10)
      At the first levels, 1-10, i did pretty good being tight-agressive, folding a lot, raising and going all-in on the strong hands, and calling when i had mixed hands suited depending on my position...
      But on the next levels, blinds increased too much, and my stack wasn't enough to "wait" for a strong hand, i consciously tilted and went all in with not-that-good hand, as result i left the tournament...

Whats the strategy on that kind of tournament? Play very agressive on the lower levels to make a big stack to take the blinds? Play even more TIGHT, and even more agressive when a strong hand comes?

Lets discuss about it

ps: I finished tournament at 37th position out 526 registered, got 0.51$ hah
  • 3 replies