$9.95
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $4.36
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.65, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($4.8) Q, 3, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP2 raises to $10.97(All-In), Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($23.77) Q (2 players)

River: ($23.77) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.77.

no stats. rush pokah .

pretty much standard , no?
  • 9 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      After the squeeze yes it's standard.

But here I probably would not squeeze with AK preflop because there were already 3 players in the pot. Even if 1 player called it sucks for you. Other players might even have folded your outs.

You are lucky to have a nut FD board here. But most of the time you will be forced to fold flop missing A/K.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      After the squeeze yes it's standard.

But here I probably would not squeeze with AK preflop because there were already 3 players in the pot. Even if 1 player called it sucks for you. Other players might even have folded your outs.

You are lucky to have a nut FD board here. But most of the time you will be forced to fold flop missing A/K.
      You're kidding right? This is a super standard squeeze. Folding here is way to weak and calling for a 4/5way flop oop is just terrible. Also the fact that there's 2 callers in the hand already just makes it that much sweeter as those callers often have pockets en suited connectors/gappers that can't continue against your squeeze, in other words a shitload of dead money to be picked up. No offense but it sounds to me like you're playing scared money tbh and that's just never good, you should really work on that before you start playing again cause it's gonna cost you money.

On the flop the hand plays itself of course, 2 overcards, nuts flush draw and it's a 3bet pot... easy bet/broke.
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      this was a suckout anyways :) l he shoved KdTc ... he had like 7-8% equity.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      You're kidding right? This is a super standard squeeze. Folding here is way to weak and calling for a 4/5way flop oop is just terrible.
      You are right about the situation. So I guess I am playing pretty weak poker now :P I do not play rush so maybe in Rush one need to take every chances available.

But after MP2 calls the squeeze we are SCREWED. We don't know if he calls with a worse hand or a monster and how bad/good the hand actually is. If there is no A/K on the flop then we are usually forced to overplay the AK or throw the hand away on a big pot.

This is NL10SH and overplaying AK is usually a mistake. You don't need to play AK (a draw hand) strongly to make a profit in NL10.

Some players do not play AK at all :) Do you think that's losing poker? I think that's just a personal preference.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shanshichi
      this was a suckout anyways :) l he shoved KdTc ... he had like 7-8% equity.
      I see... Rush poker is different then... Tough for you because you learned he's a fish/goldmine but you could not benefit from that in the future.
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      wow , that's surelly -EV. Draws in 3-bet pots should be played as made hands . Plus his line was so weak .

Vs an unknown player in a 3-bet pot , if i hit i'm just going broke . Of course it's alway good to hit the A . :f_love:
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shanshichi
      wow , that's surelly -EV. Draws in 3-bet pots should be played as made hands . Plus his line was so weak .

Vs an unknown player in a 3-bet pot , if i hit i'm just going broke . Of course it's alway good to hit the A . :f_love:
      I agreed with the line post flop.

But how often do you hit a FD or gut shot with AKo :P
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      But after MP2 calls the squeeze we are SCREWED. We don't know if he calls with a worse hand or a monster and how bad/good the hand actually is. If there is no A/K on the flop then we are usually forced to overplay the AK or throw the hand away on a big pot.

This is NL10SH and overplaying AK is usually a mistake. You don't need to play AK (a draw hand) strongly to make a profit in NL10.

Some players do not play AK at all :) Do you think that's losing poker? I think that's just a personal preference.
      No we're not screwed by default... here's why:

First off, I would make the squeeze a bit smaller, $2.00 is a bit much, ~$1.75 would be beter imo. Anyway: we raise to $1.75, we invest $1.70 (we already had the SB in there) to pick up $0.35x3+BB+SB = $1.20. If we can take the pot down right there 59% of the time we win money already. Ok we might not have enough fold equity right here to justify the play just on the basis of fold equity but then there's still a post flop part and we still have AK which is a pretty damn strong hand. People at these stakes can't fold... they might call us with dominated hands like AQ, KJ even in this case... hands that will allow us to take their entire stack when we hit the flop. Our implied odds are simply huge against these players. This hand is the perfect example, he calls us with a dominated hand and he gets it in on the flop with barely any equity at all.

And does folding AK make for losing poker? In theory... no, because folding is 0EV by default. But seriously, not playing AK is definitely a lot less optimal then if you would be playing AK and we don't want to play just +EV, we wanna play maxEV. Poker is a game of small edges, well not that small on these stakes, but either way you should really try to use every situation you can to your advantage.

Anyway: Since playing AK could make you money and not playing it doesn't make you any money... yes you are loosing out on money you could/should be making.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think there is much to add to Mstlc's posts, except maybe that the play is profitable enough preflop that you're NOT forced to go on postflop when the flop doesn't suit you. This is mostly true against tags calling your squeeze who will show up will a pretty strong range, as the fish will usually have wide enough ranges for you to c-bet profitable in pretty much all squeezed pots.

Hope it helps.