$10.15
      MP2:
      $7.10
      MP3:
      $2.06
      CO:
      $10.21

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 5, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BU raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.95) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.40, BU raises to $9.95(All-In), Hero calls $3.70.

Final Pot: $23.

12/10/40

rush pokah .
  • 5 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Bet more on the flop.

On the turn you can bet/fold. It is tempting to call the miniraise but most of the time you are beat there.

Lucky river for you and only JJ beats you there so it's a easy call. But most of the time you don't get this lucky.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      Bet more on the flop.

On the turn you can bet/fold. It is tempting to call the miniraise but most of the time you are beat there.

Lucky river for you and only JJ beats you there so it's a easy call. But most of the time you don't get this lucky.
      How is this a lucky river? What do you think his range is here?

Anyway, bet the flop bigger like said... no pair 77+ is gonna fold here so might as well make it $0.70 or something.

Bet turn of course but against a raise there I snapfold. It doesn't matter if I have queens or not... call flop, raise turn is a pure nuts line. It doesn't matter that he can rep almost nothing here, sometimes you just gotta respect the line someone takes.

Then on the river... You're calling the turn to keep potential bluffs (which he will rarely have) in his range but then you don't give him the chance to spew the rest of his stack away on the river because you're donkbetting... if you bet/call the turn you should check/call or check/jam the river. Also... bet/calling doesn't make me happy at all, he just cannot have worse there, of course you can't fold cause you're pot commited but I'm not happy at all when he shoves.

Personally if you do call the turn I think you really should check/call or even check/fold... he's playing 12/10... he's never gonna show up with hands like AJ or KJ... most of the time he'll show up with JJ here for sure. Maybe 65s or something but not very likely. I guess he could also have KK/AA depending on his 3bet % pre-flop, either way I just don't see him having much that you're beating.
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      very nice thoughts guys . thanks
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Okay I agree this is not a lucky river... This is a troublesome river. That's why I suggested folding the turn :P

Originally posted by Mstlc
      he's never gonna show up with hands like AJ or KJ... most of the time he'll show up with JJ here for sure. Maybe 65s or something but not very likely. I guess he could also have KK/AA depending on his 3bet % pre-flop, either way I just don't see him having much that you're beating.
      Would KK/AA flat preflop, flat on a draw heavy flop, and raise when a 3rd flush falls? I don't think so. A 5 would also have raised the flop.

JJ is much more likely. But I can see people playing AcJ like that... call flop, raise turn with TPTK + FD, and jam river thinking they are holding the NUT FH.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Bet more on the flop.

How is this a lucky river? What do you think his range is here?

Anyway, bet the flop bigger like said... no pair 77+ is gonna fold here so might as well make it $0.70 or something.

Bet turn of course but against a raise there I snapfold. It doesn't matter if I have queens or not... call flop, raise turn is a pure nuts line. It doesn't matter that he can rep almost nothing here, sometimes you just gotta respect the line someone takes.

Then on the river... You're calling the turn to keep potential bluffs (which he will rarely have) in his range but then you don't give him the chance to spew the rest of his stack away on the river because you're donkbetting... if you bet/call the turn you should check/call or check/jam the river. Also... bet/calling doesn't make me happy at all, he just cannot have worse there, of course you can't fold cause you're pot commited but I'm not happy at all when he shoves.

Personally if you do call the turn I think you really should check/call or even check/fold... he's playing 12/10... he's never gonna show up with hands like AJ or KJ... most of the time he'll show up with JJ here for sure. Maybe 65s or something but not very likely. I guess he could also have KK/AA depending on his 3bet % pre-flop, either way I just don't see him having much that you're beating.
      Nailed it.

But I can see people playing AcJ like that... call flop, raise turn with TPTK + FD, and jam river thinking they are holding the NUT FH.
      Unlikely for a 12/10 in rush. Most likely he's tight enough to think more in terms like "hero could still have an overpair but not always and if behind i have many outs, i call when in doubt".

Hope it helps.