[NL2-NL10] NL10SH QQ x 2

• yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Was 6 tabling today and had QQ on 2 tables at the same time.

Hand 1

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $7.86
      BB:
      $10.13
      MP2:
      $17.49
      MP3:
      $10.37
      CO:
      $22.28
      BU (Hero):
      $10.09

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.36, SB raises to $1.00, BB folds, Hero calls $0.64.

Flop: ($2.1) J, 4, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.1.

I just reviewed this hand and saw villain's stats (46/19/3b 7.1). Now I think that I should really just push there. But at the moment villain 3 bet me so quickly preflop and cbet pot so quickly too. It just looked so damn strong. Also I was focusing on the other QQ I had on the other table so I just folded here.

Here is the other QQ:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $11.34
      CO:
      $16.90
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $10.30

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 9, J, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.20, Hero raises to $9.54(All-In), CO calls $7.34.

River: ($22.83) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $22.83.

I was thinking hard what to do when villain bet turn. Overpair is unlikely as he flat preflop. He might have a monster: a set or a made flush. But I didn't see a made flush raising on the flop. So I put him on a TPTK or TPTK + Nut FD there and just pushed turn. If there was a set then so be it.

I have to admit that folding the first QQ annoyed me a little bit and influenced the way I play this hand.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      4bet/broke the first hand. Or raise/call pre-flop and jam the flop.

The second hand is hard to say with no stats. Personally I'm not to happy when he raises the flop because I don't really wanna call oop... too many bad cards can come for us. But then I don't like bet/shove either. He can easily have a set... he can also perfectly have a made flush, in fact if he's a good player he probably is raising his flush here cause he's afraid a 4th will either kill his hand or kill his action.
      Meh... if he's a nit I just shrug and fold the flop vs his raise. If he's aggro I'm just jamming it right there I think.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      4bet/broke the first hand. Or raise/call pre-flop and jam the flop.

The second hand is hard to say with no stats. Personally I'm not to happy when he raises the flop because I don't really wanna call oop... too many bad cards can come for us. But then I don't like bet/shove either. He can easily have a set... he can also perfectly have a made flush, in fact if he's a good player he probably is raising his flush here cause he's afraid a 4th will either kill his hand or kill his action.
      Meh... if he's a nit I just shrug and fold the flop vs his raise. If he's aggro I'm just jamming it right there I think.
      This.