Session review

• 19 replies
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Holy crap 767MB? Can't you compress it into some more shareable format?
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      Sound on or off?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      no sound. i don't know how to convert/ can't be bothered to since i wasted a shitload of time getting it uploaded ;) .
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS
      3bet/fold cbet flop/fold cbet turn/fold cbet river
      ATS/fold SB to steal/fold BB to steal/hands

these are the stats btw, forgot to add ;) . I've made a new vid with commentary but i'm having some troubles with converting it, so far I've managed to get it down to like 170MB i think.
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      So convert it and post here. 170 MB is ok.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      As I said, I've had some troubles with converting it... for example, I somehow managed to delete the sound in the last version. And it takes like an hour for each conversion, I'll upload it tomorrow if it's ready.
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Yeea, I remember those sweet times I had with camtasia. It took me like whole day to make the vid :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      there we go, a new (different!) vid is here. The quality isn't great because i downsized it a bit too much... but it's watchable. it has commentary too. it's about 150MB. ignore the first hand please.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQEKW5C7
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      6:00TR: 98s is a good card for isolation from BU imo, especially when You are talking about 9To isoraise on 27:15
      8:35B: You defended KQ pasively so he probably put You on a weaker K, I would probably play it the same way he did
      28:50B: I hope he doesn't fold....YaaaY :D

You are taking notes (it's good), but some not important (as after that KQ vs KJ hand) and missing some important ones, like who is able to check behind Ax/missed draw on the river. One guy was betting IP on the flop with just Ax 4way, but checked behind some missed draws on the river. I didn't notice any note about call call donk guys as well (maybe I just missed that) - once on TR and once on B.
      If You are not whether to steal or not (97o) and don't know how to play postflop, It's better to fold since it costs just a small blind. But You should definetelly work on it.
      I went thru video realy fast, but I will probably watch it again so maybe I will add something later.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Ok, I watched it :f_p:

###

First hand with JJ. Raise/call from MP2 is fine preflop, Cornholio has taught us to never cap from MP2 against reasonable players because of balancing reasons. Postflop you miss the action unfortunately.

2:17 Bottom table with QQ: why do you raise the flop in position? You miss value there. Very standard spot for call flop/raise turn. The board is dry and paired and you don't want him to fold the flop.

2:50 UL with J8o: don't bluff against big fishes. Your opponent has stats of 63/38/7.0/43. His likely to rebluff you or see a showdown very often.

2:56 UR with 44: don't overlimp against one opponent! That's very rarely good, you should either isoraise or fold this. In this spot it's close, both options are viable.

3:30 UL with 44: you should fire again against all the straightdraws and Ax. You have showdown value and you're quite often ahead. Against this passive opponent b/f is the way to go.

4:25 bottom with A2s: I would c/c the river. All draws are busted and he might easily try to bluff you. Unless you have a read that he doesn't bluff the river when it's checked to him, I'd c/c.

6:02 UR 98s: it is a good hand for isolating, it has great playability. T9s would be a standard raise because of the equity. I would isolate him even though he has high WTSD.

6:27 UL QTs: I can't understand the reasons behind your donkbet. I would check and continue according to the action, probably c/c. C/f river is fine.

7:16 UR 42o: I would definitely bet this flop. Our pair is quite likely to be good and we have to protect against them as our hand is very vulnerable. On this board you should often bet as a bluff in this spot, so it's well balanced.

8:37 bottom KQs: I would 3bet preflop. You have great equity edge against them.

10:10 UR T2o: flop bet is fine. You should give up the turn, yes. Well played.

12:17 bottom 97s: standard openraise, as the blinds are tight.

15:30 bottom A8o: I would barrel the turn against hands like QT. You're ahead against his range and need to bet for protection and value.

19:55 bottom ATo: I don't know about the 3bet in position. It's kinda weird line with top pair. Against him I would bet/call flop, raise turn, as we've seen him bluffing a lot.

22:00 bottom QJo: betting the turn is fine, you're even ahead against straight draws and can bet for free SD. You sometimes also get Ax to fold.

23:00 UL QJs: You should call the flop. You get 1:9 and have two decent overcards + bdfd.

24:55 with AQo trips: I think I would raise the river. Backdoor flush isn't too likely, he could rather donk with any pair.

25:50 UL QTo: just calling from SB is better here. They're both big fishes and your hand is not that strong. Against this guy c/f on the turn is fine as he won't fold anything.

27:53 kinda scary silence for a long time :D

29:42 UL 83s: you should check/raise the flop for value. (And there's no need to make notes such as "checkraise/cap with FH". It should be standard line or what? =D)

30:45 UR 77: you should c/r the flop. He could easily have Ax and he's going to pay you with it.

33:03 bottom AJo: barrel the turn again against weaker Ax and flushdraws.

33:20 UL AKs: you should bet/3bet flop and lead out any turn. You have great equity against pairs and he could be raising with draws.

33:31 UR A4s: No way to fold the turn. Call him down, he could donk pure bluffs or straight draws.

35:30 talking about 97o: Never openlimp. Against this guy I would also openfold this from SB.

37:00 A5o bottom: Well played all the way.

38:13 UR QQ: 3bet the flop for value! He's a big fish and he'll pay you. Other option would be to b/c flop, c/r turn but it's a bit too much here imo as he could have a 7.

39:50 UR AJo: BET THE TURN!!! You're quite often still ahead and need to bet for protection, value and free SD.

###

You should second barrel the turn more often imo. With hands like strong Ax you're still likely to be ahead if you were likely to be ahead on the flop. Also I'd recommend to use standard lines mostly (call flop/raise turn instead of 3bet flop ip). You should play more good suited connectors preflop, isoraise/openraise with them more loose.

What else did I want to say? The quality of picture and sound was totally alright. In the end you didn't comment anymore and that's where I stopped watching. Hopefully I didn't miss any interesting hands.
    • cash4mebg
      cash4mebg
      Bronze
      So you need the session review on the two videos ?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      JJ first hand: as I said I fucked it up as I wasn't focused. As for the balancing, I don't know... There isn't really a need to balance much on 1/2, straightforward play does the trick on FTP IMO.

2:17 No idea why I did that. Probably lack of focus which will probably be my excouse a lot :( .

2:50 I think that the bluff is viable here but the board wasn't dry enough. If it was Q24 rainbow it would be a great spot for a bluff, even against a fish.

2:56 lack of focus, I'd fold it usually.

3:30 if I get called, what do I do on the river? 9x, Jx, Qx hits his range very often and even if he's on a draw, he has tons of outs against me. I really don't like betting here I think. But I'm a fish :( .

4:25 he snap calls flop and turn and snapbets river. Since he acts so fast I think that he's usually not bluffing there and wanted to raise me on river. Since I'm getting 1:7.25 it's pretty tough but I only beat total trash and Kx so I think folding is better. If I at least had a better kicker I would consider calling.

6:02 article about playing vs calling stations says that we should isolate them with hands with good showdown value, that's why I folded it.

6:27 I think I donked for value because it's 5way but that might not be the best idea on this board.

7:16 I don't like bluffing 2 calling stations... problem here is that i have no kicker and that like every card in the deck that comes is actually bed for me. I usually just valuetown myself in these situations, that's why I rather just give up.

8:37 I agree.

27:53 was masturbating to your picture

29:42 i really need to reread that raise draw for value article

33:31 not so sure, his AF is 0.9

all in all, i suck :D . as for 2nd barrelling turn: I really need to get a feeling for this, i used to barrell too much, then had a sweat session and now i'm barrelling too little, that's why I posted this video... I'll get there soon :) . thanks for taking your time taavifisch!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cash4mebg
      So you need the session review on the two videos ?
      no, not really... well ya it would help but reviewing one is more than enough ;) .
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      wait, now im confused.. you're Primzi?
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Schnitzelfisch is Primzi, yes. For some reason he is using his moderator powers to attempt to change his identity.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Schnitzelfisch is Primzi, yes. For some reason he is using his moderator powers to attempt to change his identity.
      They're not mod powers, the crumbed piscean has contact with otherworldly influences IMO.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Stupid trolls, review my session instead of trolling :P .
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      If it's some kind of witness protection program it's not working, everyone recognized you :f_biggrin:
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      bah you're so naive...
      Schnitzelfisch is just german word for Prizmi...