Having a problem !

• 6isik
      6isik
      Bronze
      Hi , im having a problem with opening the Everest poker client . It gives me a note saying ''Network error has occured . Please make sure you are connected to the Internet and click OK to reconnect .'' I have connection perfectly runing . What should I do to make it work again ? Btw , this happened after I re-installed my Windows (XP SP3) . Any advice ? Thank you .:)
  • 7 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi 6isik,

sorry for your problems at Everest Poker.

Maybe it is because of your firewall or anti virus software. Have you tried to switched it off? Does the problem still occur?

You should contact the customer service of Everest Poker as well.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Updates can do this sometimes. Try uninstaling/reinstalling the poker client, then reboot. Often works for me.
    • 6isik
      6isik
      Bronze
      I've tried everything , nothing works . X( I got my $50 starting capital few days before that happened and now almost 2 weeks have past . I'd really like to continue playing with my starting capital , is it maybe possible to transfer it to another poker room ? To full tilt or something .. All suggestions are welcome though . thnx .
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Did you contact the customer service of Everest Poker already?

I am sorry, but we cannot transfer the money to any other room. :(

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • 6isik
      6isik
      Bronze
      Yes , I've spoken to Everest support team , the last message they sent was : ''Assuming that you're using the Windows XP firewall, this could help you:
      http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/security/winfirewall.mspx

We advise you to add software to your anti-virus exclusion list.
      Please look at the vendor's website for further assistance on how to do
      this: http://www.kaspersky.com/

Finally, we would like to remind you that while our software and servers
      are working fine, it is important to note that the issue you are
      experiencing has to do with a setting on your computer and not our side,
      therefore unfortunately there is nothing further we can do for you. We
      apologize for this and hope the above solution will ultimately resolve
      your current issues.

Kind regards,

Jerry
      Customer Care Team''

I tried both even before I contacted them . Now I've removed Kaspersky from my computer with all components and I have also disabled windows firewall , re-installed the everest poker client , restarted pc , etc .. I tried practically everything (at least what I know) .. Is there anything that might need to be removed or renamed in windows registry that could solve this issue ? :(
    • 6isik
      6isik
      Bronze
      Ok , I tried to start everest on my old PC (which has no firewall what so ever) and it's practically clean PC all I had was IE and stuff that's required to play Everest Poker . But it gives me the same error . So now it's pretty clear that it's not caused by system itself but maybe by the DSL modem I have ? Is that possible ? What should I do ? ?(
    • 6isik
      6isik
      Bronze
      Havent got any reply for 20 days . Is it that bad ? Can it b fixed ? Anyone have had the same prob ?