[NL2-NL10] 2 psychologicaly difficult hands

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      EDIT: Read rules after posting this, will adhere to them in next hands for evaulation, not changing this post /EDIT

Hi, I want to ask whether or not I played these hands correctly - in both cases it was very difficult decisions for me.

Hand 1)
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Hero: $2,6
      MP3: $1,73 only 9 hands against him, so no real info

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q :heart: , Q :diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,08, 4 folds

Flop: ($0,19) J:heart: , 6 :diamond: , 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero raises to $0,18, MP3 calls $0,18.

Turn: ($0,55) J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,5, MP3 raises to $1,47 (All-In), Hero calls $0,97.

River: ($3,49) 2 :spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,49

Results follow:
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and jacks (Q :heart: Q :diamond:)
      MP3 shows (Q :club: 6 :club:)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and jacks (Q :heart: Q :diamond:)

I felt bad after this hand - maybe bet in turn was stupid and what more after his all-in I immediatelly called without giving it a thought.

Hand 2)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      9 100 33 11
      UTG1: $2,14
      - 50 40 76

Hero: $2,82

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A :diamond: , K :heart: (Comment)
      UTG1 raises to $0,06, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, 6 folds, UTG1 calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,39) T :heart: , 8 :spade: , 2 :heart: (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG1 bets $0,28, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,39

This opponent played quite tight and I was maybe too scared, wasn´t re-raise/fold or re-raise/call better? I felt bad for giving $0,18 away without fight with AKo.
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Hand #1 - What a move from villain on that turn! I would usually fold to a raise like that but it seems that you got great calling odds. If you have read on villain then it would be easier.

Hand #2 - Pretty standard.

Originally posted by YourDoom
      I felt bad for giving $0,18 away without fight with AKo.
      You should feel good about it seriously. Folding AK on a missed flop is a profitable skill in micros. Without folding equity jamming AK there is just -EV.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Some reads would help indeed, but I've seen quite a bunch of guys jamming turns when it pairs the top card with any pair lately, so really when getting such goods odds I don't think I'm folding either unless I know he's tight.

Fine by me. More often than not he's got at least a pocket pair and you don't know what he'll do against a raise, it might consider folding it, he might not. Sometimes he has TT-QQ as well because you 3bet MP1vsUTG1, and he's not folding those to a flop raise ever, probably not even folding to a raise flop shove turn line once he's getting good odds to call it off.

If you really don't want to fold you can try and float him in position, you have some backdoors and two overcards, if he's indeed on a medium pocket pair chances are he's not going to bet for protection more than one street, you'll improve like 30% of the time and the board will get quite scary for him another 10% or so, so it's playable.

Hope it helps.