Michigan's diary

• JulMichigan
      JulMichigan
      Bronze
      Hey there,

I am a 21-year-old student from Germany, and I recently found this site and thought I should give it a shot, read the articles got the $50 bonus for titan poker and well I have been playing for 9 days now and my bankroll is up to $120, yeah I know its not that big of a deal but to me it is quite good because to be honest I was a really bad poker player before joining this site and I feel like I am improving my game drastically. Basically, I just wanted to say thanks ;)
  • 14 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi JulMichigan!

Thank you! I will forward this compliment to the PokerStrategy team. We hope that you enjoy it here and become a successful poker layer. If you have questions or suggestions: don't hesitate to announce them!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81

Oh and please keep us updated on your poker career!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Good to see germans on english forums :)
    • JulMichigan
      JulMichigan
      Bronze
      well forget about the $130, i am having a huge downswing, lost $50 in just one day even though i kept to the sss rules, i probably had about 20 bad beats...wtf...
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Sorry, to hear that. But I'm sure you will make your way back if it "just" were bad beats. Post some of your hands in the forum to make sure you didn't play them wrong and to further improve your game. Take a break and reread some articles. Maybe that helps to calm down a bit.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • JulMichigan
      JulMichigan
      Bronze
      man, i really hate poker right now!

basically i thought today would go a lot better, but now im down to the starting 50 bucks! i lost 2 buy-ins with k-k vs. a-a and q-q vs. k-k what the hell is going on...i mean i went from 130 to 50 and i doubt that my game has changed a lot, im still playing like i was when i was on a winning streak, im really frustrated right now
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Your initial upswing has run into the inevitable, and to be expected, downswing.

DON'T PANIC! (You know, like the hitchikers guide to the galaxy.)

This happens. If KK loses to AA, and QQ loses to KK, that is how it should be. It does happen, and will happen to you again in future, if you continue to play. You will win your share of hands also.

To be sure you are playing correctly, you should post some hands in the forums. Have them looked over by those more experienced. But, even if you are playing 100% correctly, you will suffer the swings that give, and then take, your money. Playing correctly doesn't guarantee that you will win the correctly played hands. You will be busted by bad play from your opponents. This is a good thing, though it may take you a while to feel that. If bad players couldn't win some money from you, you would never be able to collect your winnings from them.

Keep playing, keep reading, post hands, everyone here has experienced what you are describing. Keep making the correct decisions, and you will make money, over time.
    • JulMichigan
      JulMichigan
      Bronze
      alright, thanks for the answer...i will post some hands on here, i just need to get away from poker for a day or two...
    • JulMichigan
      JulMichigan
      Bronze
      Man, you gotta be kidding me!

I managed to get back up to 80 dollars and now I'm back to the 50 bucks again and I'm so sick of this bs...

Today, I really lost my belief in poker I think. Twice, I was holding Pocket Aces and everyone around me folded and then when I had something like A-Q I get callers with trash hands and they end up winning the pot, so many times I got beat on the river, its just unreal. Lost with J-J vs. 4-4 and K-K vs. 10-10, damn it. This is screwed up.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi JulMichigan!

Take a break for a few days and reread articles. Post some of the hands you have played in our sample hands board and participate in our live coachings. That should help
      a) to calm down and
      b) to improve your game

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • JulMichigan
      JulMichigan
      Bronze
      Hey again...

I havent updated this thread in a while but I am happy and proud to tell you all that I am back to $120...

As puschkin recommended, I took a few days off, didnt play poker at all, I didnt even think about it and well then I started playing again and I worked my way back up...

I reread the strategy articles and tried to analyze my game and i found mistakes i made and i am not doing them anymore, so thanks for telling me to work on myself ;)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi JulMichigan!

Nice to hear that you are back on track again. :) I hope you keep working on your game.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Silver
      And remember: you don't have to be losing money to reread articles, just reread them once in a while. It can save you from downswings sometimes as well ;)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop

DON'T PANIC! (You know, like the hitchikers guide to the galaxy.)
      So I should preflop allin any 42 hand ?
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      So I should preflop allin any 42 hand ?

not if the question of life is "what is the second worse hand to play heads up in Texas Holdem."