[NL2-NL10] AJ from BU

• mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      was that so badly played? i lost 10 stacks today and my head is a mess... :f_cry:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2.56
      MP3:
      $9.60
      Hero:
      $12.16

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , J:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.35, CO folds, Hero calls $0.35, SB folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.10) 2:heart: , A:club: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.30) 3:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.30) T:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

Final Pot: $5.70
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Take it easy man :) I had plenty of experience like yours and that's how I fixed my leaks.

In elephant, you can take a look at the hands you lost/win and see if there are many small losses or just several big losses. You will be surprised at how many of small pot losses like this one contribute to the -10x stack. In this pot you lost about 28% of a full stack. And if this happens 10 times it would be 2.8x stack.

I guess you are multi-tabling too much and really you should go back to 4tabling or 6 tabling max.

As played, you can play 3b/fold preflop as AJ is way ahead of MP3's OR range.

MP3 bet pot on A high flop and this should be a lot of info. Does he always cbet pot? If his previous cbets are all 1/2 - 2/3 pot then this pot sized cbet can not be treated lightly. You call is alright.

On the river you should just ch back. Your value bet is just TOO thin. A9 would not call here. AT+ had you draw or beat. You can't represent a flush because it is a runner runner.

Looks like villain had AK/AQ and went into a ch/call mode. He was probably looking for a ch/raise on the turn but failed and then the 3rd flush on the river scared him from betting.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think the river bet would be too thin if villain hadn't potted the flop, it's quite common for people not to believe you on the river even if there is no way you show up there with a bluff.

The problem is, when he bets pot on the flop I think he often has a polarized nothing or AJ+ range and rarely stuff inbetween like A3/KK that he won't usually turn into a pot bet. So you're indeed valuebetting against pretty much nothing that you beat unless you disagree and think he's likely to be potting the flop with baby Ax and/or pocket pairs.

Rest is fine.

Hope it helps.