PokerStars 45man turbo sng advice

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hello guys, I am currently playing 1 dollar 45 man sng on stars trying it out, I used to play the 11$ 180's to quite some sucess however now I am looking to start fresh on the 45 man ones playing to move up limits.

I have pld around 150 games so far and been going pretty bad, I know it's a small sample size but I would like to hear of peoples different stategies to beat these games. On the 180 I was always playing for the win looking to flip, however the payzone is very wide spread on these 45 man and also at the final table almost every person is shortstacked....So what's the best strategy to beat these games?

Looking to hear some good advice :)
  • 5 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I think definitely play for the win, they are pretty top heavy imo, I think you just need to play abc to start with and when stacks become short, make good steals in good spots and play good push/fold. Might be worth touching up some of your push/fold if you havent played softish 45mans in a while.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I need to find some specific strategies for playing these 45 men..I seem to be slowly losing cash, I think I am playing pretty well aswell which is rather frustrating, this is after 250 games so far, but I lack the motivation to continue really since I keep on losing...I feel like I keep on losing flips, and I don't want that to be the real reason so I am questioning my game.

Someone who is crushing these give me some tips please :)

My general strategy would be:

Early tight, try see flops with speculative hands cheaply

mid try steal alot with pushes when low stacked and tight in general with a mid stack,

Late near bubble I play somewhat tight with mid stack, and push fold when low

Money zone, I usually play for the win, not afraid to steal, but if I see the table is very agro I would usually tighten up abit and let them kill themselves.
    • jecis4
      jecis4
      Bronze
      Join micro sng group there are ppl crushing them, they would def help.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Never joined a group before, how do I find them to join them?
    • jecis4
      jecis4
      Bronze
      Here you go
      Micro SnG Study Group - WE HAVE OUR OWN WEBSITE!!!