A sincere complaint

• Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

This is maybe one of the most familiar topics of any Poker discussion boar, but once again I have to bring it up.

It is actually quite frustrating and common phenomenon.

What I am referring to is the fact that in the past few days I lost 90% of the high pocket pairs that I played.

For example there was this one hand when I finally thought - I am the man !
      AA of course.
      So a guy raises to 4bbs on NL10 game and I re-raise and I go all in - he calls.
      His cards...!?
      Well... J2o
      The flop: xx2
      Turn: J
      River: x
      I was pretty disappointed.

Or KK looses to QQQ.

I know that according the theory of the Big Numbers this should finally bring profit in the long run, but as I said, 90% of the last 50 such hands I played were lost.
      Most probably it is this part of the "long run" where you actually lose a bit, then win, but still wanted to share it with you because sometimes i feel insulted by Poker itself :D haha
  • 10 replies
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      If you look at your poker tracker stats after 50K hands AA will be your biggest winner, easily.

I actually don't think that even the worst player in the world could fail to win in the long run with AA!!

J2o won't be a long term winner! :D

I had AA lose to A9o yesterday when the fish hit a backdoor straight. It happens.
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      I learned recently to stop looking at short terms results. I know Im playing a good strategy, so short terms loses or wins doesn't really matter. I know I only plays strong hands and that in the long run it's going to be profitable.

Even if you lose one hand with AA, you have actually won it. As well as if you win one with J2o you actually lost. That's why you have to respect the bankroll management articles too, and not go into bigger limits because you think a table is soft or something. That way if your AA gets beaten 5 times in a row on NL25 you can still play.
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      yes, of course. I always stick to the bankroll management coz I already experienced the rapid loss of funds at another place.

Furthermore I know that in the long run you will win and be profitable with AA but when all your starting hands get beaten by 56suited or J2o or any other freaky hand like that it's just a bit annoying.
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Are u sincerly complaining cuz u lost with AA from J2? Thank god u do, its ppl like them that make u money.
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      you are totally right man. But I was on a tilt when I posted this :) U know....losing 10th starting hand in a row etc... :)
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Yeah tilt happens. I just lost 4$ in a couple of hands. Went allin on the flop with QQ and the guy got a baby flush on the river.

Then in another one I got a straight flush on the turn. But it was on the low-end of it and the other guy who called my all-in was on the high end of it. My only f***** straight flush so far and it had to be beaten...
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mystrapoker
      Then in another one I got a straight flush on the turn. But it was on the low-end of it and the other guy who called my all-in was on the high end of it. My only f***** straight flush so far and it had to be beaten...

wow. if only you were playing on one of those bad beat jackpot tables.......
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888

Probably wouldn't count, because BOTH players have to use BOTH hole cards for the jackpot to be valid.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by debelinko

Probably wouldn't count, because BOTH players have to use BOTH hole cards for the jackpot to be valid.
      both cards? that's pretty bullshit.

i thought it was 1 card but yeah :<
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by debelinko

both cards? that's pretty bullshit.

i thought it was 1 card but yeah :<
      Read the small print :) .