[NL2-NL10] 4NL T7o from BB multiway pot

• Pissic
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 7.
      UTG1 calls $0.04, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.2) T, 8, 6 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, UTG1 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls $0.14, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.48) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, CO calls $0.23.

River: ($0.94) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, CO calls $0.45.

Final Pot: $1.84.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, ten high(Tc 7s).
      CO shows a straight, queen high(Jh 9s).

CO wins with a straight, queen high(Jh 9s).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'll usually just check/call the flop with the gutshot, because it's a really wet board and getting raised would suck big time for our hand. I'd have no problem betting stuff like T2 for value since when we get raised we can just fold.

As played the turn is somewhat thin even against an unknown, I'd be fine with it if we had a bigger Tx tho, but here villain has to peel with like 3rd pair with or without a gutshot for us to get called by worse, and the Q probably made some redraw/combo hands which aggro fish could get really aggro with, which again would suck for our hand. Not to mention we're just valuecutting ourselves against all the better Tx hands. So I'd check by default.

River is fine, if you get raised it's pretty ugly. We're often tied/dead so you have to just based your decision on pot odds and how often you think he'd raise with Tx. Based on the result of this hand which he played incredibly weakly, if he raises you next time on the river, he'll have the absolute nuts, so it'd be a fold :)

Hope it helps.