[NL2-NL10] 4NL 88 flop full house slowplay

• Pissic
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.5) 6, 6, 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.32, CO calls $0.16, BB calls $0.16.

Turn: ($1.46) T (3 players)
      BB bets $1.04, Hero calls $1.04, CO folds.

River: ($3.54) T (2 players)
      BB raises to $2.69, Hero calls $2.48(All-In).

Final Pot: $8.71.

Results follow:

BB shows a full-house, tens full of sixs(Ts As).
      Hero shows a full-house, eights full of tens(8h 8c).

BB wins with a full-house, tens full of sixs(Ts As).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd usually just bet out to prevent it from getting checked around, but if you believe people behind will bet often enough it's okay to check. Even if it's checked around chances are it'll just give people more draws/second best hands anyway so we can still bloat the pot hopefully by then.

As played when everything goes according to plan and people get involved, make a real raise. You want them to pay while they still have hope with their draws, because most of the time their draws will miss and then they'll have no reason to continue paying off your bets. I'd make it around $0.70 at least.

Turn is okay consider CO is still to act behind, heads-up I'd have raised right there because I don't think BB will have a hand he wants to fold with when he donks like that.

River is a no-brainer, tho sometimes you'll get shown a random Tx and be pissed :p

Hope it helps.