This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH flopped straight with ugly turn card against fish

• Pastala
      Pastala
      Bronze
      I guess against such calling station there's no point of PFR raise with such marginal hand. On the flop i guess everything is fine. What to do on the turn? Is there a point of calling his minreraise? It's tempting but looks like a flush.

Villain:
      VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands 51/9/1.3/149
      WTSD/W$SD 33/46

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $18.41
      CO:
      $5.05
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $5.68
      BB (Hero):
      $5.80

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 9.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) J, Q, T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, SB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($3) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.18, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure there is, he'll call you with worse Kx hands and all sorts of trash that you can play profitably against with K9 in position. It's a snap raise for me and a lot of other players.

As played I think your line is fine. Alternatively you could just fold to the turn donk/3bet line, since when it follows a donk/call line on a drawy flop it's very likely some flopped draw that got there, and you're redrawing-dead with your straight. Only call the 3-bet if you think villain could suddenly get aggro with some combo AdQx hand or very oddly play something that flopped two pairs or something.

Hope it helps.