I cant believe it 10~buins down

• SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      Hello.
      I usualy play cash games but today i tried the sngs, and won my first 3 games.
      I play 6handed1.2$ and I feel i have an enourmous edge over the players on these stakes beacause they are sooooo loose and crazy, have no idea about ranges and pay off with
      A3 push when i have them outkicked or with a pair in hand.
      The thing is i dont understand what i am doing wrong, beacause i oten have the best but get sucked , or HU i lose to some fish beacause they are calling satation and i actauly started value betting A high.
  • 16 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Ten buy-in downswings are common even for those with long track records of winning play. It is much easier to lose a SNG buy-in than a cash game buy-in, and MTT buy-ins are even easier to lose. A 100 buy-in bankroll may be very conservative for an expert low stakes cash game player, moderate for an expert SNG player, and quite aggressive for an expert MTT player.

Getting your money in good when the blinds are small is a sign that you are outplaying your opponents. However, as the blinds escalate, you should often get your money in behind. Sometimes you get odds and are not that risk-averse, and often you semibluff all-in preflop.
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Read supeyrio's blog. Then you wil realise you need not complain. =)
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      ten buyins is a ridiculously standard downswing for SNGs. being on the wrong end of variance sucks, but unfortunately it comes with the territory
    • p3rocro
      p3rocro
      Bronze
      Ten buy ins downswing i have every day :D
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      once it happens again... a few hundred times... you will get used to it :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      This is a lie.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by 8979687
      This is a lie.
      no its not
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      This is a lie.
      no its not
      Change a few hundred to a few thousand then it is true :f_biggrin:
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      This is a lie.
      no its not
      Change a few hundred to a few thousand then it is true :f_biggrin:
      MORE QUOTES

Seriously though. Variance hurts, but even after like ~900 games i'm already feeling less and less mentally bruised after 10 or 15 BI downswings. They are really really standard. Swings are always the most painful just after you move up to a new limit, too.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91

MORE QUOTES

Seriously though. Variance hurts, but even after like ~900 games i'm already feeling less and less mentally bruised after 10 or 15 BI downswings. They are really really standard. Swings are always the most painful just after you move up to a new limit, too.
      This is very true. It still hits me mentally when I move up even these small limits.

Last time I moved up to the $6.50s I was crying away in my blog like it was doomsday but
      in the end I was only down a few BIs below the $0 line. After one or two of them though
      its standard again.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      This is a lie.
      Funny reaction ;) .. but I have to agree a bit.. I've played 2000+ games and still gets fucked up when it happens although I know it's kinda standard stuff.. But I can handle it much better than before and maybe after a few more 1000+ games I'm used to it :tongue: .. Anyway It all depends on your "poker psychology power" which is different for everyone.. ;)
    • nworb200
      nworb200
      Bronze
      Just appear to be coming out of a 30 buy in downswing (single table SNG $11 dropped down to $5.50) and I really wanted to cry. After giving it some thought I realized that on top of losing every coin-flip imaginable my play had seriously deteriorated and I had to take a look at myself.

After that assessment I got ITM 9 times out of the next 13 games - Obviously a lot of that was luck. However I didn't get myself in positions where I needed luck as often, this probably accounted for 3-4 of the ITM's.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Last time I moved up to the $6.50s I was crying away in my blog like it was doomsday but
      in the end I was only down a few BIs below the $0 line. After one or two of them though
      its standard again.
      I would have cried when I moved up to the $6.50s but I started the limit with a 20BI heater :P
    • onepark
      onepark
      Bronze
      im currently on 30bi downswing atm :(

lol

slowly climing back up :(
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      LOL, 10 BI is nothing. Just yesterday I had an intraday, 20 BI swing down then immediately followed by a 20 BI swing back up on $3's in Party. I guess the quick blind structure there makes things more prone to bigger variance swings.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      LOL, 10 BI is nothing. Just yesterday I had an intraday, 20 BI swing down then immediately followed by a 20 BI swing back up on $3's in Party. I guess the quick blind structure there makes things more prone to bigger variance swings.
      This is also called pot limit omaha :s_cool: