What is "aggro" BRM?

• yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      I heard about this term several times and would anyone please tell me how aggressive is aggressive here? I'm talking about NL Hold'em FR and SH cash game. Not PLO, not HU games.

Is 20BI aggressive? 15BI?

I've heard Phil Galfond playing 300/600 HU against Ivey with 300K bank roll. Now that's obviously quite aggressive: 5BI if he's playing with a 100bb full stack.
  • 5 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Sorry if this is not strategy relevant plz move it to general discussion.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      "agro" BRM is different for different people ranging anywhere from like 5-40
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      "agro" BRM is different for different people ranging anywhere from like 5-40
      I don't understand how ppl can play 5BIs. How can plrs play with 5BIs in the same way they play with 50? How can a plr still able to risk the entire stack to take advantage?

I have another question, if using 5BI, then does it mean plrs have to re-deposit after losing all of their bankroll, or does it mean that they will move down a limit after losing say 2-3 BIs?
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      The one thing most people are confused about when it comes to a Bankroll, is that your bankroll is what ever you are willing to use as your Poker fund.

If you have 10BI sitting in your poker site account at your preferred limit, you lose it and replace it with another 10BI from your $10,000 savings account. You continue to do this till you have put $1,000 of that savings account into Poker, then your effective bankroll is $1,000...which then equates to how ever many BIs....

A better way to look at it is, you have a Bankroll Allotment. Out of your $10,000 saving account you allot a bankroll of 10BI at your preferred limit at any one time. Thus controlling your Poker spending if you are on a downswing.

So having an aggresive Bankroll Allotment, would mean that the player will only go to the tables with a capped amount of Buy Ins at any one time, but may still have money in reserve is that capped amount goes to Zero or needs topping up.

So going against Ivey with just 5 BIs out of your 100 BI full bankroll is not a bad idea, it would be the stop lose you are willing to have in that specific situation.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by Ultifanatic
      So going against Ivey with just 5 BIs out of your 100 BI full bankroll is not a bad idea, it would be the stop lose you are willing to have in that specific situation.
      Playing Ivey with any amount of BIs is a bad idea.