[NL2-NL10] NL10:fdraw+pair

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP3:
      $7,60
      CO:
      $3,85
      BU:
      $4,40
      SB:
      $9,85
      BB:
      $5,80
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:spade: , T:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0,10.
      Hero checks, MP3 calls $0,10, 2 folds, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Should have waited with posting.

Flop: ($0,40) K:spade: , 8:heart: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,30, MP3 calls $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,30) J:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,60, 2 folds.

Small block bet or big bluff bet?

Final Pot: $1,90
  • 4 replies
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      Is this SH table, or FR with so few players?

Flop looks good to me. I prefer to play draws agressively on flop to get info on opponents hands.
      Their call may be sign that they ale on some kind of draw, or are unsure about their hand (could be pair of kings with weak kicker), or they put you on bluff.
      You are beaten only by Kx and higher draw, so I`d launch bigger bet (~$1) on turn, to give drawers inproper odds and to make sure if they really have Kx. If they call its clear you are beaten, unless falls on river.
      If you don`t complete fl-draw on river its check/fold. If you hit - bet, but you may have to fold if opponent goes all-in.
    • Divsla
      Divsla
      Bronze
      I would check/call turn you only have a draw with 3rd pair, and with 2 opponents is very likely that someone has a pair of kings,set is also possible.
      You also give the BB the chance to check-raise you and then you have a hard decision

Also both opponents seem passive. by only calling preflop in a SH game.
      so the one behind you would probably also check.

Btw. Don't post your blind when your not in the blind. you will loose a lot in longterms with that
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I bet 1/2 pot to keep initiative and to block bigger bets that would force me to play against the odds. I think in general if you are willing to call it's better to bet yourself this way you control the size of bet and get information if he raise. Usually I check/call when I think I got best hand but I don't want to build big pot. If I'm uncertain I prefer to bet to get information.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

You don't need information here. Most of the time you are behind. You are drawing to a :spade: , an 8 or a T. That's why check/call should be a better line on the turn. What would you do if you get check/raised? Fold your hand? If you check you can call almost every bet because you have implied odds.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81