This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Minraise turn for free SD

• Confeti
      Confeti
      Bronze
      Hi!, I don't know if I do the correct move in these 2 hands. What do you think ?

56/37/1.7/23 - 267 hands

3bet: 11%

Cbet 3bpot: 80%(5) Cbet turn:75%

If I raise flop I turn my hand into a bluff vs this villain, so I decided to call to evaluate on the turn. I minraised the turn because he could call with the FD, 7x (x = :heart:) , worst PP with FD; and to protect my hands against bluffs.

1) Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      ($69.50)
      Hero ($91.85)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

FLOP ($9) J:heart: 7:heart: 6:spade:

bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

TURN ($22) J:heart: 7:heart: 6:spade: 3:heart:

bets $12, Hero raises to $24, raises to $58.50 (AI), Hero folds

wins $69.50

2) The same villain, another hand. Where I did the same move, bad played ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      ($52.05)
      Hero ($51.85)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:heart:

Hero raises to $1.50, calls $1

FLOP ($3) J:diamond: 7:diamond: T:club:

checks, Hero bets $2, raises to $6, Hero calls $4

TURN ($15) J:diamond: 7:diamond: T:club: 3:heart:

bets $10, Hero raises to $20, raises to $44.55 (AI), Hero folds

wins $54.50
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      1st hand, you rep a pretty strong hand yourself and there can't rly be much worse that calls you, like you say 7x but 11% 3bet HU isn't rly wide or so, he won't have many high heart + offsuit 7 in his range if any and you have and 8 :heart: in your hand yourself so he can't even have 7x8 :heart: (which he should be folding to a raise anyway) worse pps also should be folding (if he even 3bet those)

2nd hand, you didn't say how much does he c/r and I do think that he's prb gonna call you with all his draws on turn so meh, idk, it might be ok tho you prob wouldn't just minr the turn w big hands so observant opponent would pick up on that and shove over w draws too
    • Confeti
      Confeti
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      1st hand, you rep a pretty strong hand yourself and there can't rly be much worse that calls you, like you say 7x but 11% 3bet HU isn't rly wide or so, he won't have many high heart + offsuit 7 in his range if any and you have and 8 :heart: in your hand yourself so he can't even have 7x8 :heart: (which he should be folding to a raise anyway) worse pps also should be folding (if he even 3bet those)

What line would play in this situation?, call turn fold any river ?

Regards!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yea in this case it's probably correct, obv calling on 8x river, tho if he's aggro on river too fold turn or calldown