Minraise turn for free SD

• Confeti
      Confeti
      Silver
      Hi!, I don't know if I do the correct move in these 2 hands. What do you think ?

56/37/1.7/23 - 267 hands

3bet: 11%

Cbet 3bpot: 80%(5) Cbet turn:75%

If I raise flop I turn my hand into a bluff vs this villain, so I decided to call to evaluate on the turn. I minraised the turn because he could call with the FD, 7x (x = :heart:) , worst PP with FD; and to protect my hands against bluffs.

1) Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      ($69.50)
      Hero ($91.85)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

FLOP ($9) J:heart: 7:heart: 6:spade:

bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

TURN ($22) J:heart: 7:heart: 6:spade: 3:heart:

bets $12, Hero raises to $24, raises to $58.50 (AI), Hero folds

wins $69.50

2) The same villain, another hand. Where I did the same move, bad played ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      ($52.05)
      Hero ($51.85)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:heart:

Hero raises to $1.50, calls $1

FLOP ($3) J:diamond: 7:diamond: T:club:

checks, Hero bets $2, raises to $6, Hero calls $4

TURN ($15) J:diamond: 7:diamond: T:club: 3:heart:

bets $10, Hero raises to $20, raises to $44.55 (AI), Hero folds

wins $54.50
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      1st hand, you rep a pretty strong hand yourself and there can't rly be much worse that calls you, like you say 7x but 11% 3bet HU isn't rly wide or so, he won't have many high heart + offsuit 7 in his range if any and you have and 8 :heart: in your hand yourself so he can't even have 7x8 :heart: (which he should be folding to a raise anyway) worse pps also should be folding (if he even 3bet those)

2nd hand, you didn't say how much does he c/r and I do think that he's prb gonna call you with all his draws on turn so meh, idk, it might be ok tho you prob wouldn't just minr the turn w big hands so observant opponent would pick up on that and shove over w draws too
    • Confeti
      Confeti
      Silver
      Thanks for your reply

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      1st hand, you rep a pretty strong hand yourself and there can't rly be much worse that calls you, like you say 7x but 11% 3bet HU isn't rly wide or so, he won't have many high heart + offsuit 7 in his range if any and you have and 8 :heart: in your hand yourself so he can't even have 7x8 :heart: (which he should be folding to a raise anyway) worse pps also should be folding (if he even 3bet those)

What line would play in this situation?, call turn fold any river ?

Regards!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yea in this case it's probably correct, obv calling on 8x river, tho if he's aggro on river too fold turn or calldown