[NL2-NL10] KT blinds steal gone bad NL2

• giedriuss89
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, T.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) K, J, 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.02, BB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.18, SB raises to $0.78, BB folds, Hero ?.
  • 3 replies
    • mariaprodanova
      Kinda loose steal, but not too bad I guess (I might be with a SH mindset here...), especially if the blinds and BU are tight.

When called in two places I'd rather check it down, or call down if offered a min bet on every street.

As played I think you can call, depending on reads you have. You get about 2:1 and from what I've seen from midstacks he could be doing it with just a FD, but it's doubtful, plus there's a third party in the hand.

I think you should just call flop and reevaluate on the turn (meaning no raising). If no spade comes and he bets big he probably has like KJ, KQ, maybe even AA. If a spade comes and he bets big you also have an easy fold, imo. Otherwise just still try to show it down. :rolleyes:
    • SPwoodrose
      ^ I'm pretty sure this is a shove from SB, he only started the hand with $0.86. So we don't need to worry about turn play assuming BB folds (and I don't think we need to be too worried about his hand if he just called the minbet).
    • MaestroOfZerg

Fine by me preflop, very standard steal. Full ring where the first 3 players folded is just SH in theory against people you can adapt. When it's filled with nits that don't care at all and won't adapt, it's still somewhat different in terms of their ranges, but it's not a big enough deal for us to not open-raise KTo.

I like your flop raise as well, we have TPGK and it's quite drawy. People minbet with draws all the time and BB who just called the minbet probably has either a draw himself or not much of anything at all. I'd even make it bigger closer to $0.25.

As played when SB minbet/jams and BB folds, this is still foldable if you know SB is relatively tight and quite unlikely to spazz out. Otherwise and when in doubt, you usually get good enough odds to call it off by default, so go ahead and do that.

@mariaprodanova: I think you're playing way too scared, not sure how much of that has to do with you running bad. But if you truly do not feel good about value-raising TPGK against a bunch of minbets, I suggest you shock yourself out of that weak/passive phase :p

Hope it helps.