Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $8.77
      Hero:
      $22.17

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:spade: , 8:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.70) 7:diamond: , 5:club: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.60) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.60) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.60, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.60
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      I would probably play it the same way as you did. I myself might call that turn mini-raise as well tho it is questionnable.

On the turn villain could have plenty of hands like AK/AQ/TPTK to call you down so a value bet there is fine.

When you were raised you knew you were most likely beat if villain had a set/2pairs you can give yourself a 10 outer. Calling the mini raise looks okay to me.

That being said, villain could have already made a NUT straight so you might run into reversed implied odds.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      I would probably play it the same way as you did. I myself might call that turn mini-raise as well tho it is questionnable.

On the turn villain could have plenty of hands like AK/AQ/TPTK to call you down so a value bet there is fine.

When you were raised you knew you were most likely beat if villain had a set/2pairs you can give yourself a 10 outer. Calling the mini raise looks okay to me.

That being said, villain could have already made a NUT straight so you might run into reversed implied odds.
      This. Even if he doesn't have the nut straight he might still have one of your perceived 4 "4" outs, so all things considered it's a lot closer than you'd think on the turn. Could go either way, the looser villain is with his raises the flop he could play worse than a straight like that, the better your implieds. It's your call from there on.

Hope it helps.