Stack
      BB:
      $11.52
      Hero:
      $11.59
      BU:
      $9.26

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 5:club: , A:club: , J:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.95) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($4.15) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $4.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Kh Qh)
      BU shows two-pair, jacks and fives (5h 4h)

BU wins with two-pair, jacks and fives (5h 4h)
  • 8 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Just check/fold flop as the board hits villain's range so badly and you are against 2 players.

As played fold turn as you don't have the odds or implied odds to call.
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      I think I had the implieds. I got about 3:1, just one more $ on the river and it's +EV, besides, he could have JJ, 55, 77, maybe A7...lots of stuff that would pay $1, and even more if like...a T comes and makes two pair, or he has a set or whatever and I hit the draw... And he was just bad, plus against what he had I have the odds, regardless of implieds.

On the flop...yes, maybe I should have just check/folded. But I doubt he'd bet it there, though...who knows. He was just bad and I think it would have ended up in the same way on the turn and onwards.

It's like...I know I don't play hands the best way possible, or even close to it, as it seems, but it turns out it's not that badly played, but I get drawn out on. I guess I make drawing too cheap, I have to find out what's wrong with my game, it's driving me insane, 17BIs behind in ~6k hands :f_frown:
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      If villains don't bet on flop then you have a free card and nothing is better than that.

Implied odds depend heavily on the strength of villain's hand and the assumption that villain will go broke if you make your draw. Here with Ax, it's hard to say villain will call a push on river if a T or heart fells. OOP it just sucks even if you make your draw you need to bet out and if villain folds you only get what's in the pot.

I don't quite understand what you mean by you get "drawn out on". You held the drawing hand and you were behind all the time.

I've read several of your hands and it seems like you lost in too many small pots like this one and you will be surprised to see how they add up to a huge loss.
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      I didn't mean in this hand, I played 3332 others today. I'm taking a break from poker, I'm obviously not cut out for it. I was tilted today and yesterday so I played extra badly.

Thank you for your comments and advice, good luck at the tables, if you need it at all :f_tongue:
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      You know what I've been in the same spot as yours about 10 days ago.

Now I realized in NL10 you can just ch/fold hands that you are unsure of when facing aggression (regardless of how good they look, say overpairs). Yes you make some mistakes by folding but those are small mistakes. Then you will find plenty of players who are willing to make big mistakes. I mean when you have a monster and someone wants to play then they will usually pay you off with their stack - HUGE mistakes of course.

Nothing fancy, no tough spots at all :P
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      I know, I know and that's what I usually do. I've noticed when I'm winning I play exactly this way, I'm not worried about some value missed here and there, but when I'm losing, I'm taking chances, making mistakes, not thinking clearly. And I can't allow myself to miss value by folding and getting myself into worse spots. And what's worse is I know I shouldn't play when losing so much cause I play even worse and it's a downward spiral.

But where are these fish that make "HUGE" mistakes everyone's talking about? Like 85% of the time I play on Everest (which is supposed to be one of the most fishy sites out there) it's all tags and nits and they just raise preflop with good hands, bet pot on the flop, turn and river if they have it and bet fold or check fold if they don't have it. How do you win money off this kind of people?? It's just luck - whether or not you'd be lucky enough to hit a set of 8s when he has a set of 4s. I thought that's the problem on higher limits but that's NL10, it shouldn't be this way... :)
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mariaprodanova
      But where are these fish that make "HUGE" mistakes everyone's talking about? Like 85% of the time I play on Everest (which is supposed to be one of the most fishy sites out there) it's all tags and nits and they just raise preflop with good hands.
      Against nits then steal them more and make more preflop profits.

Against TAGs just figure out how they play then they become extremely exploitable. For example, I've seen a plr losing 5BB/100 over 300k hands or sth like that. He only plays premium hands and plays them hyperaggressively, like jamming AK on a 4-bet, air flop. They are my favorable opponents because there is only one way they play. You don't have to worry about losing value when they bet out and you don't hit your set. You also don't have to worry about not winning stacks from their overpairs if you do.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with betting the flop, these guys would call preflop with all kinds of crap that they often have to fold on that board, I think it's profitable even 3-way. We have a nutted gutshot, a backdoor flushdraw as well and overcard outs against Jx hands, it's not desperate by any means even if we get called by a better hand on the flop.

On the turn I'd just bet again myself, we have too many outs to check/fold and betting for some fold equity will beat check/calling most of the time unless villain is raising the turn often, which this guy won't be.

River is fine, you can't do much when he has tons of Ax hands in his turn betting range. I'd make a note that he bet bottom pair on the turn, which is really horrible and somewhat surprising, makes his betting ranges way wider overall, which means we can often call him lighter with 2nd pair type hands because he's merging worse pairs into bets for no reason.

Sorry that it's not going too good for you, good luck in whatever you try.

Hope it helps.