$1.98
      CO:
      $2.38
      BU:
      $2.32
      SB:
      $2.34

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 3, 3, Q (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.55) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.41.

River: ($1.51) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.51.
  • 3 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Not sure why you are playing with a short stack because this completely changes the dynamics of the hand and make your decision on turn much tougher. Problem is it makes hard to interpret villain's float turn: for value or for fold equity. But loose players might often have Qx there. With your stack size you can't play bet/fold on turn so just fold when you are in doubt.
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      You are right about shortstack - just lost big hand while before and didnt refilled to 100 BB or so.

Yes, he might have Q, but on other hand he was loose... so question is whether or not to call. (I was bit tilty)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I can tell you check/calling isn't awful at least, but I don't think it's better than check/folding assuming villain isn't crazy.

The problem is villain is even laggier than you, which makes him usually smarter than tags unless you've seen he's just batshit insane, and thus harder to read until you've seen something specific from him. The deal-breaker for me is that you have a shortstack and I think he should be aware of it.

It would make me a hell of a lot less likely to float that board 3-way sandwiched to begin with, and way less likely to shove the turn with anything but a Q for only a potsized bet against somebody who doesn't look like he should be folding much. So if he's decent I'd say you're two-outing pretty damn often, while sometimes he has diamonds.

If he's bad, in like bad enough to float the flop in that situation with next to nothing, since he is aggressive your check/call line is okay, if he was passive you'd be better off shoving yourself and praying he had a draw or Ahigh crap instead of Qx.

Hope it helps.