[NL2-NL10] Ak

• mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      That's the best reg I've seen where I play. His winrate in my database is 26bb/100h I don't see him raising with anything that I beat...

What do you think?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $10.16
      Hero:
      $17.91

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0.35, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.85.

Flop: ($2.55) A:spade: , Q:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.60, MP2 raises to $4.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.75
  • 4 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      If he calls the 3bet preflop with 77 then he is obviously not a good reg. So 77 is out of the range.

It's really tricky if he had AA/QQ/AQ. Because if he plays a monster this way then he can not be called a GOOD reg. If he wants protection he could donk that flop instead of check-raise. If he does not want to donk he might play check-call instead of check-raise that looks just too damn strong there and force opponent to make the right play.

Check-raise is usually not a protection line (because opponent might just check back and then protection is screwed) but a semi-bluff line. So villain could have a combo draw (QK of spades, TJ of spades) here instead of a hand that had you beat.

But there is a chance that he did not think plrs in NL10 would fold AK there so he confidently make a check-raise to play for stack and you made the perfect fold.

All in all, against an unknown this is a fold. Against this reg you can use some reads on his ranges of flatting 3bets preflop and ranges of check-raising flop.
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      I didn't have that precise reads, just that he bets when he's strong, doesn't bet when he isn't. Guess that for almost 2k hands I should know more about him but...I don't remember anything right now and my notes are on the Everest client, not in the Elephant. I don't really sweat this fold though. I FEEL it's the right play, I don't KNOW it to be :f_p:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Do keep in mind that once you start giving somebody credit for being good, your own image will matter, meaning it can be useful for us to know if the stats he has on you will look more like 14/13 3bet 2% or 30/25 3bet 15%.

Agreed about the 77 provided we're not wrong about him, his stats fit nicely.

He can however indeed have AQ/AA/QQ, especially if you're often 3betting from the BU, meaning he'd know that often you'll have airballs so instead of blowing you off those hands with a 4bet he can call and let you c-bet your whole range on decent boards.

While it is indeed a decent board to bluff-raise when BU has a wide 3betting range, it's also incredibly unlikely you'll find a 21/17 capable of pulling the trigger in such spots at microstakes with a bluff. First he can't show up with too many air hands or even semibluffs after calling a 3bet out of position, and second it's just too deep thinking for a guy stuck at nl10, not only because he should play higher if he was capable of thinking like that, but also because even if he is that good and playing nl10, he should know he'll screw himself by playing a level too high against people who aren't capable of thinking so deep.

I like your fold. To be honest I've been screwing around at microstakes a bit to make sure I stay current with what's going on lately, and everytime I throw away a buyin to see if a tag is capable of pulling a level 2 move on me in obvious spots, I just get shown a slowplayed premium. The only real spewing tags/lags I've seen make it pretty obvious right off the bat so it's not hard to adjust.

Hope it helps.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg
      To be honest I've been screwing around at microstakes a bit to make sure I stay current with what's going on lately, and everytime I throw away a buyin to see if a tag is capable of pulling a level 2 move on me in obvious spots, I just get shown a slowplayed premium. The only real spewing tags/lags I've seen make it pretty obvious right off the bat so it's not hard to adjust.
      This is what I called true professionalism.