Do I have enough to switch to BSS?

• holnrew
      holnrew
      Bronze
      I was stupid when I got my starting capital and ran it down to $9, but ground it up to $30 on NL2 SSS. I was going to switch it up to NL5 SSS, but the min BI on Everest above NL2 is higher than 20x BI, so my only other option to increase profits is to switch to BSS on

I know it's slightly aggressive BRM, but I want to work off the bonus in time and avoid having to put my own money in.
  • 13 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      How about playing NL2 BSS? Since you play SSS on NL2 I suppose you can just switch to playing fullstacked?

And 6 BI BRM is not "slightly" aggressive it's just waaay to little. You will end up going down to 0$ in notime I'm afraid, especially as a beginner.
    • holnrew
      holnrew
      Bronze
      Yeah that's what I meant to say, BSS on NL2...
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      Feel free to play NL2 BSS with 30$ on account.
      If you play like 4 tables it is no problem.
      If you play 10 tables you could sit with 80bb or 90bb instead with 100bb. That way you have more buy-ins to play with. Of course it is best to have 100bb or more at the table, but 80bb will do, and when you reach to 40$ or 50$ then sit with 100bb. Just don't play half stacked (50bb), I used to do that, that is minus ev.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I would keep playing SSS until I was able to play with 100bb, I would say 25 BI is minimum that you need before switching which equals to $50.

I like that more then the sit with 80-90bb on a table thing.
    • holnrew
      holnrew
      Bronze
      What about just a single table while I get the basics down? I'm finding SSS very frustrating at the moment.
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      Playing on 1 table, with 15 buy-ins on account. Thats OK.
      I mean, guys play on 20 tables, and they have 5 buy-ins left on their account. You seat on 1 table and have 14 buy-ins left. IMO thats enough.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      The difference is that those people with 5 BI will be broke in notime. Depends where your prioritys lay. Build a bankroll in a safe way or don't and go broke. =)
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      The difference is that those people with 5 BI will be broke in notime. Depends where your prioritys lay. Build a bankroll in a safe way or don't and go broke. =)
      I was talking about playing on 20 tables (20BI) and have 5BI left on your account. I've done it, so did many other.

I think it is safe for him to play NL2 BSS on 1 table with 15BI on his account.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Yep, i think so.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      safe is a relative thing, the safest thing is to follow the BRM stuff that has been adviced esp if you are so new that you have to ask if it is correct or not imo.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that it's not the best way to go about in my oppinion.

If you play just 1 table BSS, you will get bored pretty quick aswell esp if you are a new player and feel tempted to open more tables and end up having more spots then you could handle in the best way possible. Not to mention that it's really easy to tilt away a few BI's that way. ^^

I personally like the expression "better safe then sorry" but then again, everyone to his own.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holnrew
      I was stupid when I got my starting capital and ran it down to $9, but ground it up to $30 on NL2 SSS.
      Based on this I would switch to BSS and just set yourself a massive stop limit. Like the instant you go below $20 you switch back to SSS no questions asked.
    • holnrew
      holnrew
      Bronze
      I've been using BSS this weekend, I got up to $36, but came back down last night and today after making some pretty bad calls.

I'm going to go back to SSS for the week and do some studying and training and work it into my game and then try BSS again next weekend. And I'll go to one of the beginners BSS coaching sessions.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I only have 120 buyins but go for it :D