[NL2-NL10] KTs nl10

• mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      On the flop standard cbet, I'd think...
      On the turn I figured I can represent the A, plus build a pot if the flush hits, but it didn't, was that wrong?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.20
      Hero:
      $11.37
      CO:
      $16.32
      BU:
      $6.46

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , T:club:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.20) 7:club: , 8:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, CO calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.50) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.34, CO calls $1.34.

River: ($5.18) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.18, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.18
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Being OOP your line seems fine to me, but the thing with semi-bluffing is you need some additional FE to make it profitable. I may bet turn a bit bigger so it would look convincing if I represent an Ace, but this move has value if he is capable of folding anything. You may think of barreling river again, but this seems just like player who is not going to fold anything, so I would just shut it down and take it easy.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Mandatory bet on the flop, this guy is playing half the deck litterally, he ALWAYS has enough whiffed stuff to make a c-bet profitable provided he's just not floating you with any two cards because he wants to see a turn all the time, in which case you wouldn't want to bet without at least some backup equity, especially if he's aggressive on the turn and capable of blowing you off your hands everytime you check the turn. Here we have overcards with a flushdraw, no-brainer c-bet.

The turn looks like a pretty good 2nd barrel card but against him it isn't really, because I don't expect him to fold anything he peeled the flop with. Draws are calling, 9x is definitely calling, 8x is probably calling, A-high floats aren't going anywhere with top pair now. Even 22/44/55 turned a gutshot and will talk themselves into calling again. Maybe you get him to fold 3x but even that he might not fold. So I don't think betting more on the turn is the solution in and out itself.

I would either:

- commit to firing the river since it's our only shot at making him fold draws and 8x/9x. We could think about checking the river but really unless you want to bluff-catch with KT-high (which is certainly doable but dicey), he looks too aggressive for us to give him that chance. Here you should usually be looking at betting the turn bigger, just so that there is more dead money for you to steal when he does indeed fold the river (again, I don't think betting more increases your fold equity against that guy as long as he's not all-in)

- bet the turn as some kind of blockbet/pot builder just so that we can deal with good rivers for us cheaply, instead of checking to him and having him pot it into us or something. Here you're usually looking to bet the turn somewhat small to negociate a cheap river.

I'd tend to go for #2 since I've seen lots of these guys call me down against 3barrels with stuff like 55 on KQ2T6 or something these days.

Hope it helps.