poker question

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      whats up poker fanatics i was watching the wsop 2010 ( as you do when you live in a shoe) and mr moon had the nut flush but he didn't raise the nuts on the river which resulted in him getting a 1 hand penalty :f_cry: :f_cry: now i personlay never heard of this ""colusion"" my question is, is there any oer wierd rules witch are less known hen the others>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?(
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 4 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi pogodon,

Well that is not a weird rule. ;) Why should someone call or check behind the nuts on the river? Either you haven't seen that you have the nuts or you try to collude. Mostly it is the first one, but I think missing 1 hand isn't a big penalty.

I do not know about rules, which might me weird or are almost unknown.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Lim00n
      Lim00n
      Bronze
      Or it could be that you don't expect your opponent to call you and want to see his hand as was in Moon's case.

But i guess the rule is fine :)
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      the hand in question is a pretty well known live rule that is to prevent 'soft play' or collusion between players that know each other. it is not enforced online tho (thank god, or my misclicks would come back to haunt me in more ways than just losing value!)
    • Raiozo
      Raiozo
      Bronze
      Yea that was fun momen't, i also didn't know about that rule.
      Mby u don't know what is straddle. ( in high stakes and PokerStrars Big Game Daniel does a lot of times this move).
      This move is allowed almost in all live tournaments and cash games, but online there are almost no sites allowing this move.

see:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betting_%28poker%29#Straddle_and_sleeper_bets