See What Tomorrow Brings!

• Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      My first intro was quite a snooze fest so here it goes!

Who am I?

I am another one of those dreamers that is expecting to get rich rich rich playing poker! of course I am different from all those other dreamers because I been playing poker since I was a baby, and I know every trick in the book and there is nothing new to learn and I just joined this site to show the rest of you how its done! LOL joking I have lots to learn!

Okay being silly. Truth is I just started playing poker in February! I was flipping threw the channels on the tv and ran across the poker channel.
      There just happend to be talking about the youngest person to win a WSOP championship and how much he won!

After watching a couple of programs I saw that there was a wide range of people who were winning lots of money. They were short and tall, fat and skinny, man and women, smart and dum...etc

SO of course I said "That could be me!" "Why not me" hence the name of this blog "why not me"

I am 40 years old, born in Portugal. Parents immegrated to United States and I lived there for about 28 years. Traveled all over the United States and saw lot of cool things, the only part I did not get to see was Hawaii.
      I also lived in Panama for 3 months and South Korea for 8 months. Rest of my time on this lovely earth has been spent in Portugal, which I been living in the last 6 years.

My goal is simple. Spend one year learning everything I can about poker and hopefully in that year learn enough to make a living at it. I am very fortunate that I do not have any added pressure of needing to win a certain amount of money in order to pay for my day to day expenses. However I wont have much more than that, so there will be some pressure. Since I love to travel and meet new people and see new places. My budget will not allow any of that for now!

Review of my first six months!
      First five months were spent playing freerolls, and i was not a member of this web site! Very fustrating and in part it was that fustration that brought me to this site! Have to admit I learned more in the one month since I been a member of this site than in the 5 previous months!

Thank you Poker Strategy! I wont forget what you have done for me once I am rich and famous! MUHAHAHAHAHAAH

Okay people have a good one!

When I say "Why not me!" it could easily be "Why not you!"

I'LL BE BACK!
  • 13 replies
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Okay its a bit since my last post, so here it goes!

Things are not going well, my 50 starting capital is down to 32! Thanks God!

So You say Monarc why are you thanking God your not doing so well?
      Thanks for asking that question! Man your good can't get anything by you! Man Your smart!

Okay if I had increased my BR, i would of never gone to reaqd articles and watched ours of videos that this site has available!
      The result of which i would of never seen these Major holes in my game, like the push or fold tech. that Steinek suggested in his Push or fold series for SnG!
      Who new i was giving up hundreds if not thousands of chips everytime i folded my semi bad hands on the cutoff and button positions.

These hundered or thousands of chips that i can pick up before we get to the bubble make a big difference, between watching the small stack having to go all in with 2-3 hand because he is getting blinded out "and being that person"

this even has helped my MTT...which by the way i will tell everyone...dont just read and watch the articles go PRACTICE THEM... freerolls and cheap Mtts are a good way to practice these new ideas you just learned and they wont cost you too much...because like everything they WILL NOT ALWAYS WORK THE FIRST TIME YOU TRY OR THE SECOND TIME.... but they will work a great % of the time.
      I TELL YOU WHAT AFTER BEING LITERALLY DEPRESSED FOR THE LAST COUPE OF WEEKS CAUSE MY GAME WAS SUCKING...AND I MEAN THROWING THINGS AROUND AND BEING IN A VERY BAD MOOD TYPE SUCKING..... I HAD FUN YESTERDAY PLAYING POKER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME AND GUESS WHAT I DID NOT WIN ANYTHING... and it was okay because I say things working and i ran into some bad flops for me, which i can not control!

One thing i found out about my non successfull start is this!
      The worse things have gotten the more determined i get to succed!
      Why!
      Because the money is out there wether i play poker or not! Somebody is going to win it! WHY NOT ME!

Thank you for reading! Hope this helps others too!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Just realized i been playing poker for six months now!
      Wow I am not anywhere near where I thought I would be.
      No winning to mention, Lots of ups and donws lot of fustration

However if we loook at any first six months at any new venture. The first six months are not usually very succesfull in financial part usually because of large learning curve that has to be mastered.
      So i look at my lack of monitary gain at the fact of the large learning curve i have had to go threw. Since from the beggining I was not even sure if a flush beat a straight or if a three of a kind was better.

I repeat this a lot, but darn I wish I had found this site earlier, I think my learning curve would of been easier to master, since lots of the things I learned on my own where already written down in the articles here and in the videos.

OKAY FUN STUFF!

Man you should see the players pull their hair out and the names they call me when i pushed all in with a suited pair against there JJ and win. They just dont understand why i would do that. Little do they know i was going for a blind steal and they happed to call me and I luckly out drew them!
      One of my new tricks i learned on here, so when I reach the bubble I am now lowest stack and getting picked on! heheheheh so much easier not being the low man on the totem pole.

Okay off I go to watch a new video, try to do at least one a day!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Well had long sessions today playing Cng and after 8 hours of hard work i end up with 2 dollard less than i started with. Thats due to paying feees.

Fustrating spending a whole week studing watching videos reading and to end up week down 5 dollars sucks. BR down to 30

This is the type of stuff that makes you question why put in so much work...just to have it go down the drain due to Fish!
      Fustrating thing is that in most of the games except for one, I was the chip leader. No matter how much a bet it seems they always bet! If I happen to bet too much I usually ended up busting out.

However! Always have to look at something positive. I only busted out of one game early out of all the ones i played today. Which is improvement.

PLayed Everest MTT 2500 dolllar and busted out 290 because of running into back to back fish! Man there sure were out today! One of these days I WILL WIN THAT MTT...i dont know why I love Everest....but have no money in that account and end up playing MTT and 5 cent and 10 cent buy ins Cng's.

MOnday hitting the books again!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      okay so I just finished a playing some tables at 888
      Not too crazy about the site but I was limited on the choice of sites since I had signed up to all the major one before i got to PS.

888 seems to have a lot of fish, good when you win but bad when you lose to someone who no matter what you bet just would not let go of the pot.
      A lot of rude people also. However not there to make friends.

Today my luck ran a little bit better than the other days. came in second in 2.5 sng paid me 7.50 and basically recovered money I had invested in all my games and the couple of bucks i was down from this weekend.
      Face to face lost all in to 88 he hit the 8 on the river after I hit the A on my AK..... he was the large stack i would of crippled him and so he got lucky or else I would of won the game

Player 1.2 sng and got busted 4th plce...i was the small stack and everyone started to steal my blinds so i stuck my money in with 10-9 suited against ak off suite.... he hit the k so I busted out

played MTT 1,20 buy in 190 people....busted out 38 place...after building up a 7k stack.....just ne ver got a chance to got my money in good again, kept on getting put next to players who shoved all the time or stole blinds... I knoew they were doing it but never got any cards that gave me good oddds to call their shoves. Finally got down to 890 and got a AQ figure would not get any better blinds where up to 400 and I was on the button...new I would get called and did my AK and he ended up getting full house.

So after being down to 28 and change, i am back up to 31 and change.

Not sure if I am going to play MTT anymore...not until I get my poker office software....Darm moneybookers deposit has not cleared yet!

Overall play is getting better!
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Monarc2010
      Man you should see the players pull their hair out and the names they call me when i pushed all in with a suited pair against there JJ and win.
      A suited pair? Online poker is so rigged. :f_o:
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin:
      I think he means a pair and a flush-draw.
      Just keep at it Monarc. Good luck!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Well it seems that i have either hit a good patch of poker playing...FINALLY!

Or

I was right about playing SnG 1.20 was just too fustrating with the level of play being soooo bad! Moving up to Sng 2.50 was a calculated risk but in 7 games so far I have had 1st place (today YAHOOOO) a 2nd and a 3rd.... sng 1.20 after 20 games one 3rd place finish (buhhhhhh)

Maybe its the extra pressure maybe its that i feel playing for 12.50 is worth my hour or so of play time...I dont know but i like it and I am enjoying it... need to keep studing, not going to be satisfied I want to make a living at this.....

Okay its it for today! Nice to have a good day at the tables!
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      Well done. Keep it up!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Well finsihed playing for today and well after all is said and done I netted over 17 dollars today!

My BR went from 28 and change to 53 and change!

MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE ON THE PLUS SIDE OF THE ORIGINAL BR!

Still waiting for my deposit to clear Moneybookers so I can get my poker office! That should help my play even more!

Off to bed i go a very happy poker player!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      okay just finished 1.20 tourney busted out 39th.
      You figure how many times in a tourney do ever flop KK or AA maybe one of each if your lucky.
      Well I floped KK twice and lost both hands. Both to all in preflop.
      First gand was KK vs Q10 suited, 82-19 odds and on flop he gets set of Q, on the second pocket KK´s I go up agains pair of 10's and yes flops a set.
      Luckly my pocket AA helped me get a quarter of my stack, but it was not a lot of help by then the BB were up to 600 and the big stacks made it expensive to see any kind of stack, so i busted out with aq with not enough for the next blind level.

Oh well one of those days, earlier tourney busted out trip k to full house 7's ove 2's...just one of those days.

However i seem to get down into final 30 ish in the MTT's with ease, need to work on them blind steals and being a little more aggressive. Still have hardtime going all in with medium size hands for blind steals....have to cconquer the fear of losing!

Should make silver by the end of the weekend! yahooooo!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Well it is not a big deal but I did make silver, was easy especialy with the bonus...so Gold here I come!

Play this weekend was not productive as far as making money, but I did get some good poker playing in. Gone start reading them silver articles and watching the videos!

Hopefully this week I should get some software help buying a Hud!
      Be interesting to see how much it will help my play!
      I do know it will help me review and analyse my game...cant wait to start getting some data on this.
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Well after not fairing too well at the tables in my afternoon session!
      I finally doing well, i am what looks on my way to a final table!

16 people left, i am in 5th place in chips 20k

So its been a while since I played any hands!
      At my table is the chip leader 50k
      He has been super tight for most of the time since he has been at the table
      So tight that even the small stacks have the balls to open raise him preflop!
      Of course he folds! If someone raises him post flop he folded!

So I have AK and I ended up with me and him!
      Flop comes, rainbow Q85
      He goes all in! Remeber he has been playing super tight!

warning warning....he must have a set....

so what does this bone head do goes all in with absolutly nothing!
      sacrificing a final table with it oh and a pay day that would of broke me even for the day if i just finished 9th... but what the heck...who wants money! not me! its the only answer i have for such a boneheaded move!

DAHHHHHH!!!! WARNING WARNING HE HAS A SET!!!!! OR AT WORSE A BETTER HAND THAN YOU! DAHHHHHHHHH!

OH WELL SEE WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS!
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Well after my 2 sessions today I managed to win some money back.
      Was down to 25 and change in BR and after entering 2 MTT's. I made final table on one, but busted out in 8th place not bad play he just had a Ace high straight I only had k high...only thing that bugged me was the table was pretty even so everyone had a shot at winning...those 80 dollars were looking mighty good.
      cant complain made my bulk on that MTT and I finished like 14 place in a freeroll . Went all in with A6...well BB was 40k I had 46k and well who knew if i was going to have a better hand, BB was going to hit me next. I figured one ace better then nothing. Never saw what the stack with 500k had to win....I was working on the final table MTT
      so I am back up to 37 dollar BR

So for the week I have 2 final tables a 3rd and 8th place could of been 3 final tables if I had not done that boneheaded play yesterday....hmmmmm could it be the software?

Well once i get the licence code and get the full software I be able to post some charts and stuff.....but i wait to have a couple of weeks data or a month.....so it has a higher volume of hands....

see what tomorrow or today brings!