About PT3 AF value

• olimp20
      olimp20
      Bronze
      I recently installed PT3 and start using it. Default settings has AF that is calculated like %. for example it will show 40 (if player show aggesion 4/10 cases)

1. Is this setting beter because it does not require large sample size?
      2.how large should it be for TAG? for NIT and maniac?

Thanks!!
  • 8 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi olimp20,

I moved your thread to our strategy forum.

There you should receive a better answer regarding your questions.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      AF value??
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Yes, I wanted to ask the same question:

Most strategy articles and (from what I have understood) HEM uses 3 main stats:

WP$IP, PFR and AF (aggression factor) which normally is in single digits - 1.5, 2.7, 3.5 and so on. Its calculated AF= (raises+bets)/calls

PT3 uses slightly different third stat - AFq (Aggression Frequency) which comes as percentage 40, 60, 25 and so on. AFq=(raises+bets)/(calls+folds+ raises+bets)

Can anybody please explain in laymans terms: what is the main diffrence between them?

They both show the aggression... but if there are two valuse, there must be two different interpretations of these values, right?

Thank you in advance!
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      And yes, of course, if anyone could give approximate values for TAG, LAG, maniac, nit and so on it would also be great! :f_cool:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      [Removed my not-so-useful reply because Dublimax nailed it below.]
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

To make it simple AF tells you how much villain is aggressive when he doesn't fold. AFq tells you how much villain is aggresive in general.

Ok let me give you an example:

Villain is VP:5/PR:2
      This guy is a nit, his AF might be high like 4 but his AFq will be low.
      Simply because when he plays he usually have a very strong hand and then plays very aggressively (hence high AF) but overall he is not aggresive since he plays only few hands (low AFq)

Hope it makes it clearer.
      Max
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Hi guys,

To make it simple AF tells you how much villain is aggressive when he doesn't fold. AFq tells you how much villain is aggresive in general.

Perfect. You win a prize for most precise forum answer to my question ever. And I mean not this forum, but all the forums I have been so far.

The thing that worries me is why I could not figure it out myself... :s_confused: I knew the answer is something simple as that... have to do a braincheck :f_biggrin:
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Total AFq and Total AF , what are they and what is the difference ?

Total AF (Total Aggression Factor)
      Description: A measure of how aggressive or passive the player is across all post-flop streets.
      Formula: ( Total Times Bet + Total Times Raised ) / (Total Times Called )

Total AFq (Total Aggression Frequency)
      Description: The measure of how frequently a player is aggressive across all post-flop streets.
      Formula: [ ( Total Times Bet + Total Times Raised ) / (Total Times Bet + Total Times Raised + Total Times Called + Total Times Folded ) ] * 100

If a player only bet and raises , and never calls ,his AF will be infinite , there is no way to know how aggressive he is.

AFq includes total times bet , total times raised , total times called and total times folded. all 3 actions you can have. Total AF does not include folding.

AF is a better number at summarizing how aggressive / passive a player is. ( like a person with AF of 1 , calls as much as he bet and raise , a person with AF of 8 bet/raises much more often then he calls)

deferring people would have deferring yard sticks.

i think an AF of 0 - 1 generally are passive , 2 and above generally are aggressive , with 1-2 somewhat balanced among the continuum.

AFq has too much information mashed into it.

some use it in tandem with AF

googled for this in a pokeredge forum

Credits to : forum.poker-edge.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5889

So... examples: (remember that flops miss both players like 70% of the time)
      - TAG player (high AF, high AFq) - tight starting range, always hammers postflop, always aggressive
      - TAG player (high AF, med AFq) - tight starting range, selectively hammers postflop (raise-fold strat) checks n folds more often, nits would look like this. Postflop this guy should be believed more often.
      - LAG player (high AF, high AFq) - raises/calls a lot of hands, always aggressive postflop, often weak-ish postflop, bets up a lot of draws and crap postflop, aggro-donks would look like this
      - LAG player (high AF, med AFq) - raises/calls a lot of hands, selective raise-fold strat postflop, willing to check and/or fold more often, but loose players tend to play their decent draws hard

Either way , both cannot be used as stand alone

How to use AF : archives1.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Ca...;page=0#Post11853136

vpip is used in tandem with PFR and AF in general