Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG A_tox_A565 ($19.43)
      CO vesslan8 ($17.89) 78/44/4.4/7rake
      BTN evpalvl ($12.19)
      SB Hero ($9.90)
      BB TheNag ($10.22)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is SB A :heart: 10 :spade:
      1 fold, vesslan8 raises to $0.20, evpalvl calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.90, 1 fold, vesslan8 calls $0.70, evpalvl folds

Flop: 8 :club: 4 :diamond: A :club: ($2.10, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, vesslan8 raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: K :diamond: ($8.10, 2 players)
      Hero checks, vesslan8 bets $1.50, Hero goes all-in $6, vesslan8 calls $4.50

River: 7 :spade: ($20.10, 2 players, 1 all-in)

PRF: i 3bet for bluffs villians i get call i thinks he calls very loose any brodways, 77+, sometimes he slowyplaymonster.

F: c.bet and get minrasie... i have ATs but what he can have i thinks he cant have FD, A9+, 88, maybe QQ-KK and want bluffs me... i thinks calls here is close but i dont know what should i do turn

T:

b/c - what worst had rasie me turn FD, A9
      b/f - this is horrible i throw in 3/4 my stack and fold.
      c/c - and what should i do river??? he can easy AI bet and i must call becouse i pot commited, and how often he bluffs me here? this is sick
      c/r - okej i get money bluffs and FD but how often he do this? sick

so i dont know what i should do turn so i thhinsk bet/fold flop is good.
  • 2 replies
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      I think the only hand that would minraise you on the flop and you beat is QQ, but I don't think that's what he had. I think he has AA, KK or AK. Might also have 44 or 88, but I think your hand is a bluff catcher there. Probably should have folded on the turn.

On the flop...I have seen people minraise with hands like KK or QQ in order to check if you hit that A cause they find it hard to let go, so a call isn't 100% wrong, but you could fold it right there, imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Situations where you don't what the best play is usually come in two different flavors. There are those where you should know what the best play is but you don't, and there are those where you can't know what the best play is. The way you deal with them is quite different too.

The first kind usually results in you not being good enough yet, which is no big deal since you're learning. Indeed the safest way to deal with those spots is to take the line where you're less likely to make mistakes, and usually that's folding when in doubt instead of going further in a bloated pot with no idea what's going on. Then ask somebody's opinion and try to make sense of it for next time.

The second kind is trickier, because you have to accept the fact that you can't know what the best play is yet, which means you can take different lines without any of them looking good or bad to you. It's not that you aren't good enough, it's that you don't have good enough reads. In these spots there simply is no best play yet, so after you've accepted that no matter what you do this is going to be close, you can just pick a line that makes sense and see it through, then learn from what happened to add to your reads if it was relevant.

This hand fits well in the second category. Villain looks bad aggressive enough to do pretty much anything, he could be minraising the nuts he could be totally bluffing, he could have 8x and be minraising for unfathomable reasons. Folding the flop looks weak but isn't awful, bet/call check/shove looks baller but might not be good at all if villain's minraising range is nutted, bet/shove might maximize ev if villain is crazy enough to c/mr/c with any top pair any draw. The point is you can't and don't know, so no matter what you choose it likely won't feel good.

In those cases you usually fall back to absolute hand strength, and here your hand looks pretty strong against a random 78/44/4.4 who looks like he's capable of anything. So by default I wouldn't fold and I'd probably play it like you did, but at no point would I feel good or bad about my line, it's just meh and that's fine.

Hope it helps.