[NL2-NL10] nl2 - full house on flop

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      not much info on opponent, sholud I re-raise flop or I played well?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $9.24
      SB:
      $1.76
      BB:
      $1.49
      UTG2:
      $0.62
      MP1:
      $2.08
      MP2:
      $1.99
      MP3:
      $2.04
      CO (Hero):
      $1.97

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BU calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.33) K, 9, 9 (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.12, MP1 raises to $0.41, Hero calls $0.41, BU folds.

Turn: ($1.27) J (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.76, Hero raises to $1.46(All-In), MP1 calls $0.70.

River: ($4.19) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.19.
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

You have almost absolute nuts (without counting 99, but there's nothing you can do against them), so you don't have to shove flop, you can try and keep them both in a pot.
      But your line overall seems strange so I tend to cbet without giving them chance for free card. Not because we are afraid of it, but because we can make them pay for their draws and worse hands they may just check back and I would hate myself if I failed to get value out of this hand. Don't pot it, but bet.
      As played raising turn is fine.

Good luck!
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      How big bet at flop? 1/3 pot?

Does it really have better results then slowplaying it? (There is flushdraw possibility so I wanted them to think I want free card and generaly show weakness to trap them)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by YourDoom
      How big bet at flop? 1/3 pot?

Does it really have better results then slowplaying it? (There is flushdraw possibility so I wanted them to think I want free card and generaly show weakness to trap them)
      Keep in mind that half the players at microstakes do NOT care about your hand/range. So while to a degree they might perceive weakness, they won't put you on a flushdraw too often and even if they did, it doesn't mean they'll bet at the pot. Generally, their betting range will be way tighter than their calling range, which means you often lose value by not betting yourself, since they'll call a bet more often than they'll bet on their own.

In that particular spot, half the players at microstakes (except tags/lags and aggro fish) will just check behind with all their draws, and there are lots of them on that board, so you'll miss value in that case. Since they're also usually dumb enough to slowplay 9x, when the turn comes the Ts or something they might get scared and not go broke with it anymore, whereas you could stack them by forcing the action on the flop. Prefer slowplaying top set on boards like K72r where likely nobody has much of anything and the turn often won't change that, and play it fast on wet boards where people still have a lot of hands capable of calling you.

As played after you checked it's fine, MP1 will probably felt whatever he has with just 1 potsized bet left no matter what the turn is, and if BU sticks around and makes another hand we're in for winning a lot of money.

Hope it helps.