This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 - Jj

• jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.48)
      BB ($4.04)
      UTG ($4.06)
      CO ($2.80)
      BTN ($4.22)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.12, fold

FLOP ($0.32) 9:spade: A:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

TURN ($0.80) 9:spade: A:heart: 7:diamond: 8:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($0.80) 9:spade: A:heart: 7:diamond: 8:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BTN raises to $1.24, Hero ?

villain is 22/17 over 80 hands.
      do i miss value if i just call? is shoving on the river better?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I would 3bet pre.

As played I would call river, I think most of times if you shove you will be chopping against Jx or burn yourself against JQ.
      Keeping in mind he didn't bet turn and I suppose he would keep betting his Ax/set at that point I think he can't have too many Ax/set/two pair combos on river, but if you really think he's capable of making such a raises and play for stacks - shoving is an option. But as I said - I would just call without any specific reads.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sounds good.

Do keep in mind as well that he did c-bet the flop, which people might not do with hands like TT/T9 that are otherwise the most likely hands to try and raise the river. They'll often go "damn it's A-high" and check it back. So really on the river he cannot have many two pairs / sets hands to value-raise with.

Even if we give him something credible like AT, would you really go ahead and value-raise your top two pairs on that 4-straight board? I know a lot of nits/tags at nl5 wouldn't.

So I'm just calling as well, expecting to see a random Jx most of the time and QJ/two pairs sometimes.

Hope it helps.