fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.24) J:diamond: 5:club: Q:spade:

Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

TURN ($0.56) J:diamond: 5:club: Q:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40

RIVER ($2.16) J:diamond: 5:club: Q:spade: T:heart: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks

93/36/4.7 vpip/pfr/aggf.
      it looks like i missed value on the river, i thought I get more value by check/calling or raising since he's so aggressive, i didn't expect him to check behind.

anyways, lets say that we check the river and he bets 1/2 of the pot, do we raise or just call?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd probably take my chances by raising the turn even tho we don't have the nut straight, this guy is way loose enough to go broke with even less than two pairs, not to mention two pairs / sets if he has that. I'd just 3-bet and get it in if possible.

As played it's villain-dependent. The 4-straight board will scare some people of valuebetting/bluffing, while it will encourage others to do so. If he wasn't so crazy-looking I'd probably donk out expecting the river 8 to make villain check back too much, but as it is I don't mind checking with the intention of check/raising, I'm pretty much never folding without further reads that he might have the nuts, say you've caught him pot-raising with air before or something, then maybe if he jams the river I'm folding :p

Hope it helps.