My way to start.

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Hi,

First off, I'd like to say that I refuse to play pure SSS anymore on PartyPoker. Within seconds, you're thinking more about checking out the other players stacks, the number of remaining players or your own stack (15-25 BB range) than you are thinking about the cards, or at least, that's how I experienced it.

After an initial downswing playing NL10 with 10$ buyin, knowing nothing about bankroll management for BSS I decided to switch to this strategy when I was down to a mere 9 $, getting me back up to 27 $ easily and I'll stick to it.

However, I find it a bit disappointing that I need silver to get to the articles that I need, but here's what I did and do right now :
      Now I play the 2/4c tables with a 2$ buyin (50BB, medium stack) and 4 tables at a time, while playing somewhat looser than the SSS in terms of betting and folding patterns and positional play. The most important things are indeed the starting hand chart and the betting patterns, but I watched the bronze BSS NL4 and NL10 videos and found them quite helpful.
      However, is it just me or does the strategy advised by the videos not agressive enough ?

On a paired board with just 1 or 2 other players, I reraise often with a decent starting hand to see the other fold. The few times the players call doesn't outway the times they fold, especially if you play a very few hands and get a tight image which is advised. I also like to play suited connectors on a small raise (max 3BB) once per table per hour, because the reward for hitting it is so big if they don't expect you playing such a hand (as I fold hands like that 80 % of the time or more). On a checked down to the river 3-way pot and someone raises carefully (less than 1/2 pot size) on a garbage river card, I usually reraise to see them fold. It hardly happens they call or reraise me again.
      If you only play 15 % of the cards you have, the tight image is rewarding you if you counterbluff, make continuation bets while missing the flop which seems harmless (like AJ in hand and a 2-5-9 rainbow flop is a sure bet if I raised preflop and get less than 3 callers) and even if only one calls and the turn would be a T, J or Q I raise 2/3 pot again, they fold about 75 % of the time.

Now, am I just being lucky that a strategy like this seems to be paying off on all 4 tables or am I doing the right thing to be more agressive than advised (more not maniacal agressive either) ?
      I still can't read the silver articles though, keep in mind before pointing me to those. And yea, I realise that even 2/4c BSS is risky bankroll management for 27 $ :D

Thanks,

SonicXT

ps : I realise one problem in this strategy, it's very hard to get to 800 PP within 3 months on 2/4c tables ...
  • 6 replies
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Before you start me, how long have you been playing poker online?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Haven't played online a lot, I once had 50 $ on Carbon but then my parents forbid me to play poker online and certainly deposit because they thought I failed an exam because of playing too much poker :D
      Hadn't played since... only Carbon Fun Step Step&Go's which tend to be the most realistic playmoney games in Step 2 and 3, but still.

Played enough games in real life though.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Back up to 41,19 $ and up about 32 BB / 100 hands the last 1,2 k hands at NL5 :D
      I guess some of it is just part of an upswing, but it seems to work, at the microlimits at least :)
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by SonicXT
      Hi,

First off, I'd like to say that I refuse to play pure SSS anymore on PartyPoker. Within seconds, you're thinking more about checking out the other players stacks, the number of remaining players or your own stack (15-25 BB range) than you are thinking about the cards, or at least, that's how I experienced it.[/quote]

Dude, thats poker, aint so much bout ur cards, and if u deny that fact, u shouldnt be playing poker.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Of course you have to look at those things, I know thàt. It's just that in SSS, it feels to me as if I constantly have to check whether I'm allowed to stay at that table and only for that reason, instead of just adjusting my style of play like I do now when the table conditions change.
      Somehow, SSS doesn't feel like poker to me at all, too "mechanical" for lack of a better term.

If I didn't pay any attention to that, I wouldn't be back at 55 $ of course. The only reason I made this topic is just to see what other people think about the tactics I use right now, if they think it's too risky or perhaps more profitable than SSS for a low bankroll like mine ...
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      SSS is supposed to introduce you to poker and minimise the amount of decisions you have to make. hence why it feels mechanical... because it is!