$10.00
      BB:
      $11.37
      MP2:
      $10.15
      MP3:
      $23.80

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.7) 2, J, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $8.70, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.2.

Hand #2

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $12.12
      MP2:
      $10.51
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $14.27
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $10.32

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.45) 6, 2, K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.25) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10.

River: ($4.45) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $7.80, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.35.

Haven't tried these bluffs since I switched to a NIT mode a couple of days ago :P And today I just want to practice some bluffs. These are the only two bluffs in big pots with my full stack (out of about 1300 hands).

Hand 1 was a semi-bluff. When I saw that flop I knew I can't cbet here cause any pair might call so I decided to ch-raise AI, can represent AJ, AA, KK. Even QQ might fold. Like my fold equity there and when called I still have outs.

Hand 2 was played weird. Villain seems to be just too damn weak with 1) the mini 3b pre, 2) the smallish cbet. I usually don't call a 3b with QJs but in position and against a mini 3b damn I'm in.

So is the small flop cbet. I don't want to raise there nor fold so I call and hope I can use a 3rd flush to bluff him off.

When the 3rd flush comes villain stopped betting so I thought I can easily bluff him off the turn. I think my line looks a lot like a flush there. When villain called I didn't feel too good.

When villain bets so weak on the river I just don't want to give up this pot so I just execute my original plan by pushing. If villain's that good to block bet with nuts to induce a bluff then it's my pleasure to stack him.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I wouldn't ever count on him folding QQ+ no matter what you do. Still I don't mind the play provided his calling range is wide enough to include stuff like QJ/KQ/AQ/AK that he might bet with when checked to and/or you believe he'll bet small pocket pairs "to protect".

Most tags will still just check back stuff like 88 and then you can really make them fold on the turn unless you bomb the river as well, a line that is a lot less credible than betting flop and turn to begin with, with which you can fold out TT- on that board.

It's a mandatory call preflop with big stacks, if only for the implied odds given to you by a pretty QJs hand that can make all sorts of hands to crack big premiums.

On the flop I wouldn't float with virtually no equity because I have no idea how he's playing, for all I know he could have AA there and these small bets could be his idea of valuebetting a strong hand. Most likely I'd give it up and if not I'd just raise to try and take it down right there, and find out in the process whether it's a bullshit line from him or not.

As played on the turn you have two viable options in my opinion: betting both turn and river 1/2-3/5 ish, or checking behind to see if he bets the river, if he doesn't bluff at it yourself. I don't expect him to fold Kx regardless, so we're just trying to fold out mostly weak stuff that can't stand the pressure.

As played on the river I don't mind the jam because his donkbet really does look weak and we're getting a pretty good price on a bluff. Sometimes he'll still call it off with a spooked Kx and we'll feel dumb but hey, we can handle that.

Hope it helps.