This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50: TPTK overplayed imo

• i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.50 NL RUSH - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $67.25
      BB: $53.30
      UTG: $45.75
      UTG+1: $40.20
      MP: $77.65
      Hero (MP+1): $50.00
      LP: $45.55
      CO: $24.45
      BTN: $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has A:club: K:heart:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75, 2 players) 3:club: A:diamond: T:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG raises to $7.00, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($18.75, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      UTG bets $7.00, Hero calls $7.00

River: ($32.75, 2 players) 7:club:
      UTG bets $12.50, Hero raises to $34.00 and is all-in, UTG calls $17.25 and is all-in

Hero shows A:club: K:heart: (One Pair, Aces)
      UTG shows T:heart: T:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
      UTG wins $89.25
  • 8 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Limp/Call pre with C/R on the flop, you have to think that you might be up against set. I think you can already fold on the turn.
      River is easy fold ofc but you know it.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      I couldn't fold the flop without reads. He's repping just 33. On turn you get great odds, so couldn't fold either. On river you're again given good odds, so it would be a call for me. Even though, I'd expect to be beat superoften. But obviously you've got just a bluffcatcher on river so absolutely no reason to turn your hand into a pure bluff and shove. Tiltplay imo.

With reads, fold flop.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      I couldn't fold the flop without reads. He's repping just 33. On turn you get great odds, so couldn't fold either. On river you're again given good odds, so it would be a call for me
      odds for what? I think villain is playing for value here.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      I couldn't fold the flop without reads. He's repping just 33. On turn you get great odds, so couldn't fold either. On river you're again given good odds, so it would be a call for me
      odds for what? I think villain is playing for value here.
      On the river you have to pay 12,50 to win 45,25. You need to win rougly 1 showdown out of 5 to be breakeven. That what he means by "good odds".
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Villain is C/R flop and barreling turn and river.
      I think we are beat way more than 4/5 in this spot. Not speaking on the turn
      Thats why I dont think call the river (maybe not even the turn) is a good option. To me villain is playing for smallish value there.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      Yes indeed, when you got cr'ed on AT3r it smells like trouble. But villain is not full-stacked, he limp-called, hes betting small. I think theres is a small chance that we will see AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, 54 once in a while and given the pot odds we have to call.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Originally posted by mrxLT
      Yes indeed, when you got cr'ed on AT3r it smells like trouble. But villain is not full-stacked, he limp-called, hes betting small. I think theres is a small chance that we will see AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, 54 once in a while and given the pot odds we have to call.
      And A2s-A6s. Without stats and reads don't see a way to fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d likely just b/f flop, since don´t really see players c/r bluffs or worse hands too often on ATx board
      Once you called flop, calldown is fine, don´t really see why you´re shoving river. he doesn´t have there AQ too often and he won´t fold two pair+