BB: $3.17
      UTG: $6.14
      UTG+1: $1.92
      UTG+2: $11.15
      MP1: $10.07
      MP2: $5.42
      CO: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with Q :heart: Q :spade:
      6 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.55, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.15) 7 :heart: 5 :club: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BTN raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $3.10, BTN raises to $7.50, Hero calls $1.85 all in

Turn: ($11.05) 4 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($11.05) A :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

how can i play this better? i know he goes in light on the button/LP as his a tight OOP and loose IP.

is my bet sizing off ? too little ?

can i fold to a min reraise ? or should i flat to induce a bluff / reevaluate the turn ?
  • 6 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Most important question is - how does he play in 3b pots and what hands toes he flat pre IP?
      More importantly two questions:

1) can he flat your 3b ip with AJ
      2) can he flat your 3b ip with small pockets

if 1) or both are true, getting it in on the flop is definitely an OK play.

if he never flats AJ to a 3b, then he probably has JJ+ here and folding is OK (ofc unless he decided to go crazy with AK - if that's something else he can do, then shoving is also good).

About the sizing - you can definitely 3b shove him on the flop. If you raise him as much as you did and he calls you, you're left on the turn playing with 1.85$ for a 7.35$ pot, so you're never folding anyway.
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BattleHunter
      Most important question is - how does he play in 3b pots and what hands toes he flat pre IP?
      More importantly two questions:

1) can he flat your 3b ip with AJ
      2) can he flat your 3b ip with small pockets

if 1) or both are true, getting it in on the flop is definitely an OK play.

if he never flats AJ to a 3b, then he probably has JJ+ here and folding is OK (ofc unless he decided to go crazy with AK - if that's something else he can do, then shoving is also good).

About the sizing - you can definitely 3b shove him on the flop. If you raise him as much as you did and he calls you, you're left on the turn playing with 1.85$ for a 7.35$ pot, so you're never folding anyway.
      how do i know if he can flat my 3b ip with AJ ?
      and same for question 2 ?
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Well what I do is I mark every 3bet pot that gets to showdown (no matter who is participating) and take a note about it.
      Obviously u need some better information about villain to be precise about what the correct play would be in this situation.

If you indeed believe that "goes in light on the button" as going allin with TP kind of hands, then yea, shoving the flop is good.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Its very safe to assume that ppl call pre with worse and stack off with worse, so nh.

Bet sizing: Just shove over min raise.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like how you played it
      3-bet pf is standard and then stacking off overpair against aggressive player is also fine
      You can make small 3-bet flop, although I would likely just shove. Don´t really think that he´d min-raise flop with AJ and then folding to shove
      So he is either bluffing there or raising hands that he is going to call shove
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      I do not know if its thread digging but , i have to thank you all for the time you put into your comments

Battle hunter : how do you mark hands ? ( i assume your using pokertracker? or is it HEM? )