is calling the right move when...?

• Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      Let's say i am playing 10/20, 9 players in the table. I am the button.
      Blinds paid. Only 3 players called the blind before me. I have a hand that is probably not the best right now, like J5s or KTo. Is calling worth to try to see the flop?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      KTo is way better imo than J5s. Still, limping behind may be an option if you have a very good edge over the other opponents. And, ofc, it depends a lot on the style of the other players.
    • Raiozo
      Raiozo
      Bronze
      It is marginal situation.

I sometimes do limp because I can catch a strong made hand and earn some money. As u said there are 3 limpers + SB and BB. It roughly could happen 10% of the time that u take down nice pot. + Position is power.

But if u are not deepstacked or prefer a bit tighter game so don't limp. This option could be better also because you probably don't have high skills in reading opponents. You have to consider that SB or BB can raise.

I don't prefer to raise (mby super rarely), you can do only when u are experienced. But it can be also an acceptable move.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

10/20? 10/20 what? FL 10/20? NL2k? SNG/MTT, blind level 10/20? Please be more specific.

In general, no. That is fish play. you can overlimp suited connected cards and pocket pairs, perhapx Ax suited. Definetely not KTo and J5s as they don't play well in multiway pots.

Best regards,

SF
    • Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      NL20... A cash game.