This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 - kk stupid fold

• shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $17.77
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $11.38
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $11.98
      UTG2:
      $5.00
      MP1:
      $7.37
      MP2:
      $2.05
      MP3:
      $14.61
      CO:
      $10.10

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.35) J, 6, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP1 folds, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, CO calls $2.30.

River: ($7.95) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $2.60, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.25.

dumn river block bet . i guess . given the odds , should've called?

stats like 42/42/60 . 24 sample hands

rush pokah.
  • 5 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      It's hard to tell, especially when this is Rush poker... You can check/call or fold river, depending on the villain's type and the bet size. If he's straightforward then definitely fold to a value bet.

The block bet just looks weak and may induce a bluff from busted draws, although the A also pairs nut FD up. So it's ugly. Villain probably don't have a straight on the river because you have Ks.

I would bet more on the turn. This is a draw-heavy board and you want villain to pay to draw to the river.

A fancy way of playing this is to check/shove river. However on a draw-heavy board like this plrs may put you on a busted draw, and just call with Ax. They will also have a hard time folding their aces-up if they had one. So folding is the best play here I guess.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      How exctly are you going to check/shove with less than a psb left? ;)

I think river is c/f more often than not. AJ, AQ get there. You block the only worse hand he might value bet. A large percentage of flush draws now have top pair, and he has few 9T combos. + it's Rush poker - fish dont just call any 2 suited pre and spazz postflop like in regular games.
    • sidyart
      sidyart
      Bronze
      Definetely fold, at least for me...
      I think your turn bet is ok, if you plan to c/f such a river.
      Block bet is too obv. though
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      How exctly are you going to check/shove with less than a psb left? ;)
      Here's my question. If you were the villain and had AJ on the river, would you call a check-raise AI or would you fold?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you have to call min-raise, especially since you made it that small. he may sometimes show you some busted draws and you don´t have to be right that often