[NL2-NL10] nl10 - kk stupid fold

• shanshichi
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.35) J, 6, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP1 folds, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, CO calls $2.30.

River: ($7.95) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $2.60, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.25.

dumn river block bet . i guess . given the odds , should've called?

stats like 42/42/60 . 24 sample hands

rush pokah.
  • 5 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      It's hard to tell, especially when this is Rush poker... You can check/call or fold river, depending on the villain's type and the bet size. If he's straightforward then definitely fold to a value bet.

The block bet just looks weak and may induce a bluff from busted draws, although the A also pairs nut FD up. So it's ugly. Villain probably don't have a straight on the river because you have Ks.

I would bet more on the turn. This is a draw-heavy board and you want villain to pay to draw to the river.

A fancy way of playing this is to check/shove river. However on a draw-heavy board like this plrs may put you on a busted draw, and just call with Ax. They will also have a hard time folding their aces-up if they had one. So folding is the best play here I guess.
    • johnbeattie85
      How exctly are you going to check/shove with less than a psb left? ;)

I think river is c/f more often than not. AJ, AQ get there. You block the only worse hand he might value bet. A large percentage of flush draws now have top pair, and he has few 9T combos. + it's Rush poker - fish dont just call any 2 suited pre and spazz postflop like in regular games.
    • sidyart
      Definetely fold, at least for me...
      I think your turn bet is ok, if you plan to c/f such a river.
      Block bet is too obv. though
    • yeahyoung0312
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      How exctly are you going to check/shove with less than a psb left? ;)
      Here's my question. If you were the villain and had AJ on the river, would you call a check-raise AI or would you fold?
    • Kaitz20
      I think you have to call min-raise, especially since you made it that small. he may sometimes show you some busted draws and you don´t have to be right that often