This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] should I fold?

• happyteerak
      happyteerak
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.93
      Hero:
      $3.89

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.60, SB raises to $4.80, Hero calls $2.29 (All-In).

Flop: ($8.79) Q:diamond: , 5:spade: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($8.79) 6:spade:
      River: ($8.79) K:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.79

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Jh Jc)
      SB shows a pair of kings (As Ks)

SB wins with a pair of kings (As Ks)
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello happyteerak,

I would not fold as soon as you 4bet the small blind. I would go raise/broke for QQ+,AK automatically but with JJ here I prefer a smoothcall IP because of his statistics

- Gerv
    • happyteerak
      happyteerak
      Bronze
      So if played as a smooth call pre flop then what? Shove it all in on the flop or turn? Yes as he has nothing at this point in hind sight I might have been able to get him to fold, but of course during the hand we dont know this, and I wouldbe playing with overcards on the board.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No he wont fold if you reraise his $0.80 raise becuase he plays relatively solid (18/12 as in statistics ;) )

On the Flop you can fold all Kx, Ax boards and continue on Qxx and lower boards as in call Flop&Turn