Havent Lost Money But Haven't Gained To Much Either! I Might Be Stuck In A Limbo!

• Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      Hey Everybody! OK so this is my first post so go easy! Haha

Anyway I've been playing on bet 365 for about 3 months and currently I have not lost money but I've onle gained 9.33$ which is not much at all! Anyway I feel like I am stuck in some sort of poker limbo... :) I play the 1$ sngs and the 2$ DoN. I am just wondering what are some steps that I can take to either improve my game or start moving up the limits. Also just wanted to let you know I've printed out all the bronze articles and try to reread them regularly :)

Anyho thanks in advanced for the help and also any help would be appreciated!
  • 4 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      It is an achievement to break even, since the average result is to lose the significant rake. So, if your results are not a result of good luck, then you are outplaying your opponents by a significant amount.

Although you have been playing for 3 months, I'm not sure what volume that represents. Some people play a lot more than others.

As general advice:

Keep studying! Do you have all of the programs you can get for free, such as ICM Trainer, the unregistered version of my program ICM Explorer, and the trial version of SNG Wizard? Do you use them? Try to put your opponents on ranges. Compare those ranges with what you actually see. Ask how you should respond to those ranges.

Try to pay attention to the hands which go to showdown even if they do not involve you. Take useful notes on your opponents.

If you are breaking even over a large sample, then any tradeoff of ROI that you made pushed you down to 0. Almost all players have a higher ROI on fewer tables. If you break even on 8 tables at a time, you would probably win if you played 4-6 tables at a time. If you break even playing every evening, then you would probably win if you played just during the softest nights, perhaps Fridays and Saturdays.

Try posting hands you found interesting, where you were not sure what the correct play was.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Just wondering how high is the rake on those small limits??? Might the rake be so high that it'll be really hard for you to get any return on your invest???
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      Thanks so much for the help guys! First off I have about 350 sngs under my belt... Also I do use Icm Trainer and Sng Wizard. I also use holdem manager to keep track of players using the hud. I currently play the one dollar sngs with a 20c rake... Its the only thing my bankroll can afford... purhaps you could recoment a different strategy for my bankroll?
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      20% rake is pretty high and you can blame the high rake for a lot of losses you've made.. Normally the rake for sng's (when you get higher) is only 10%..

For an example if you were only paying $0.10 in rake your profits would be $35 more =)

but the 20% rake is beatable at the lower limits.. but hopefully you'll be able to move up soon!!!