[NL2-NL10] SH NL2 - 2 Pair on Flop after SB raise

• beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      Alrighty, first hand posted on here in a long time. I took a long break from poker, then started playing again a few months ago.. Long story short I'm tired of being a fish and I want to improve my game. Posting in these forums should be a very +EV move I would think. Thanks in advance!

A noobish question no doubt: as the blinds are 0.01/0.02 am I right in thinking that his is NL2? The max buy-in is 5$.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.83
      BB:
      $1.06

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , 8:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.12) K:heart: , T:spade: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

I thought I would check here, to try to get the BB to raise, as I raised preflop and so it looked like a steal.. +EV move or not?

Turn: ($0.28) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16.

River: ($0.60) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BB calls $0.32.

Final Pot: $1.24

Looking back now I should probably have bet larger on the turn and river, correct?
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I would cbet flop. That board is wet, so I would hate giving him free card as there are a lot of bad and ugly turn cards for us. Sample size is way too small to make any precise assumptions about his betting tendencies and against unknown I would just make sure I get maximum out of him. If you had solid sample with reads that he is capable of betting if you check as preflop aggressor - c/r would be good move as you get some value out of his air hands, but still - I would never just call his bet because of possible draws.

Keep betting turn/river as he may still call with Kx/Tx and who knows what else. You may c/c river because most of the draws missed here, but again - you must have idea that he is capable of betting with missed draws, so in this situation against basically unknown I just tend to bet out myself so I could charge marginal holdings he may check back river.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed you had ~50BB effective stacks. That does not change much, just raise it up flop and bet turn and your river decision will be easy peasy. :)

Good luck!