BB ($9.70)
      UTG ($16.24)
      UTG+1 ($19.94)
      UTG+2 ($4.30)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($5.40)
      BTN ($2.45)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.15) A:heart: 3:spade: J:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.70, UTG+1 raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70

TURN ($3.95) A:heart: 3:spade: J:spade: 8:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.95) A:heart: 3:spade: J:spade: 8:club: T:spade:

UTG+1 bets $2.96, Hero calls $2.96

Here I was thinking of stacking off on the flop as i'd imagine this type of player isn't folding an ace (probably not a FD either but i doubt he'd raise that). I was also thinking of going broke on the river based on my assumtion of a FD not raising.

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd agree that he's not folding Ax, however very often all Ax hands will be in his check/calling range unless it's a nutted Ax with two pairs or a flushdraw. Him being very passive and not raising too often factors a lot in that read. So when he raises there I think AT is not good enough to continue unless somehow you know he's capable of acting unlike his stats would suggest, like he's minraise bluffing often or something. I'd pitch it.

As played if you call the flop thinking he has worse Ax hands, bet the turn for value.

As played on the river frankly I have no idea, him going nuts when the flush comes in doesn't make much sense with Ax nor anything strong on the flop other than a flushdraw. He's awful tho so who knows, maybe he still continues to bet strong with his set even on that card. I'd only call if I suspected he was totally airballing on the flop and could try again on that scary river, but it's pretty damn rare for a 81/3 to go wild like that.

Hope it helps.